Left leaderboard
papaya

WITHDRAWN
£1000

Bought here on BC in May but I have decided to keep my Laklands only so this one has to go...

Let me quote the original post by the previous owner:

" For sale is my 2010 USA Fender Jazz 5 string, fitted with a John East preamp. The original passive plate and pots are also included, along with the tags, original strap buttons, allen keys, truss rod tool etc., plus an alternative white scratch plate, all in its Fender fitted case. In good condition, just some minor marks on the back and a chip on the lower body edge shown in the photos.

The neck is completely unmarked. It did have a couple of rough frets though, so to prepare it for sale it's just had a full PLEK and setup at Charlie Chandlers in Hampton. It plays beautifully and sounds fantastic, but it's not being used because I just prefer my Laklands, so it has to go."

Please contact me if you have any questions!

Thanks ;)

Joni

Edited by papaya
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, djc63 said:

Where are you based? Are you looking for anything else for a trade for this?

PMd.

1 hour ago, itzing said:

any trades for this ?

"Unfortunately" I have too many basses so not really....

But PM me what you have 'cause I fall in love easily :) 

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By fretmeister
      Selling my 2014 Fender American Special Precision in Sunburst with rosewood fretboard.
      This run of specials went from 2011 to 2015.

Here is a link to a review by Roger Newell: https://www.musicradar.com/reviews/guitars/fender-american-special-precision-bass-448255

I took this in a trade but unfortunately it's a bit heavier than I can cope with at 9lb. It's not heavy for a P but I have health issues so it must move on.

Its in very good condition. There is a shallow ding on the back of the headstock which so far I have not been able to photograph but if the rain holds off I'll get outside this evening and try again.
      I did have Hipshot Ultralite tuners fitted for a while but I have put it back to stock. The extra tiny hole that is needed for the Hipshots is completely covered by the original tuners.
      The American Specials have a regular modern P nut width, but the neck is a bit less chunky than the American Standard.

It's currently strung with a nicely settled set of Thomastik TI flats with a medium action. It's a brilliant sounding bass that I have been using in a Big Band playing swing and big band jazz. It does the Duck Dunn thing very well, and of course can go all rocky with roundwounds too.
      Also comes with a Kinsman hardcase that is in pretty good condition. If you don't want the case I can knock £25 off.

£725 collected from Northants, or I might be able to meet you somewhere if it's not too far.
      I'm not looking for trades unless you have something under 8lb. Cannot be even an ounce over. If there is a trade I will be bringing my scales!

More photos to come when I can get outside

ta

• By psus4
      I'm in need of a jazz bass and have a couple of othe precisions so this is up for sale / trade for a decent jazz.
      1978 Fender Pbass with dimarzio jazz bridge pickup fitted and later refinished in red (was sunburst I believe).
      This is a vintage instrument; great playing and sounding bass that has been well gigged but is in perfect working order. Recently setup by the one and only Bass Doc £1500 trade value. £1250 cash price.  
      Collection from Hexham / Newcastle or will post at buyers expense.

Trades considered:
      Quality Jazz bass - maple neck

• By silverfoxnik
      Hi Folks 
      Don't often do this but with this one I thought I must.. 
      So, there I was in my local music shop in Bognor Regis (Mike's Music) buying some strings when I saw this hanging on the wall looking a bit unloved.. 
      Being the kind chap that he is, Mike let me have a trial with the bass and after spending some time with it at home, I realised it was a must have.. 
      As far as I can tell from the serial number, its a Made in Japan 1991/2 Fender Precision.
      Sounds great, beautiful Ash body and maple neck and is in brilliant condition for a 27 year old bass. 
      Happy days, or should I say, happy NBDs!  
      Thanks for looking.. 😊

• By binkybongo
      2009 CS Jazz - lightweight resonant alder body with the tone pallette from Jaco to Marley's Aston Barrett. Plays beautifully  as you'ld expect from Fender’s Finest.
      Couple of dings as shown, some fine scratches which are are very hard to photograph
      Weighs just less than 9libs on my kitchen scales, comes with certificate, unused case and case candy, Schaller strap locks.
      Sale only please.
      Thanks.

• By bassintheface
      Hello all!
      This is a feeler for the sale my awesome condition 1973 / 74 Fender Jazz bass in Sunburst.
      Its RW board, block inlays and bound.
      Photos are here in my photobucket album - 
      http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/bassintheface/library/Fender Jazz Bass 1973 - 1974
      It's in really excellent condition with only a couple of minor chips which I've tried to clearly show on the pics.
      The serial number on the neck plate is 509063 which is 1973 / 1974 which puts it as one of the last 4 bolt neck versions out of Fullerton before they went to the bullet truss rod and 3 bolt neck in 1974 / 75.
      The CTS pot codes date the bass to 5th Week 1974 - Jan / Feb (1377405) so the feedback on the age was that it was likely put together very late 1973 or very early 1974 - as you know with Fender around this time, its a combination of date stamps that help you get an age of an instrument.
      It comes with a generic hardcase and re issue versions of the pickup cover and ashtray from a USA 70's reissue.
      I will get neck end photos and pickup photos - from memory, you can only see a stamp on the bridge pickup now since the rewind of the neck pick up - its 5 years or so since Matt had it open, so will check  his photos and hopefully  add to the photobucket album above - if not, I'll have to get it opened up.
      I bought it from a friend around 5 or 6 years ago and the story was (note that this is completely unsubstantiated) that it belonged to Andy Scott of the Sweet and was used for recording /demos and never gigged, hence the condition. I really don't know if this is true and no one will ever know, but Andy Scott is from my hometown of Wrexham so it is plausible.
      The bass had been unplayed for a number of years prior to my purchase and upon getting it, the neck pickup didn't work and the elecs were intermittent and crackly.
      I swiftly sent it over to the very excellent Matthew John Bascetta in Chester - http://www.mjbluthier.co.uk/
      for a full clean, pro set up and a rewind of the neck pick up - Matt is also the guy behind the excellent 'House of Tone' pickups - https://www.houseoftonepickups.com/
      and he did a full rewind using period correct wire and hand winding, inc wax potting - you can see him at work below.
      It now plays beautifully and sounds, IMO awesome!  
      Feel free to ask any questions - I'd just appreciate PM's with an expression of interest initially as I really don't want to sell it being honest, but it lives at home (non smoking household) and  don't gig it our of fear of damaging it.
      You won't find many in this condition.
      No trades, viewing welcome.
      Cash on collection or bacs.
      I don't want to post this out of fear of it being damaged!