Why become a member? Read more... ×
Check out Guitarchat.co.uk Read more... ×
walbassist

Newtone nickel rounds + La Bella nylon flats
£131

I’ve been experimenting with strings quite a lot recently and so have various sets available.  All with very light use, cut for 3 over 2 headstocks. 

Newtone

i) "Platinum” Nickel on round cores, 38" long - 50/70/90/110/130 - £20

ii) "Platinum” Nickel on round cores, 38" long - 45/65/85/105/130 - £20.  These have been used through-body, but soft core means should be fine to put on a top load bass.

iii) “Diamond” Nickel on round cores - 55/70/90/110/135, low tension set with tapered low B – 38.5” string length.  G string was cut and fitted very briefly, but all others unused - £25

iv) NEW "Platinum" Steel roundwound - .130 gauge 37" length - £5

Fodera

v) Nickel roundwounds, - 50/70/90/110/135 - 39.25" string length - £25.  Used through-body but round core so pliable.  Only on the bass for one day.

La Bella

vi) 2 x NEW La Bella nylon flats, one copper white and one white nylon - .043 gauge – XL scale length - £5 each or both for £8

Thanks for looking

Gareth

Edited by walbassist

2 hours ago, largo said:

Do you know if the 38" scale on the La Bella's will work on a standard 34" bass?  

I would think it unlikely, but why not get a tape measure out and see where a 38" length would take you on the headstock?

Hey Gareth

Which of these are still for sale?

6 hours ago, TheGreek said:

Hey Gareth

Which of these are still for sale?

All of them :)

On 25/02/2018 at 02:46, walbassist said:

All of them :)

Not any more! :biggrin:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lcu1988
      All used 5 string sets cut for a 4 + 1 style headstock.
      Fodera Nickels (45-130 Tapered B)  - Used for less than an hour, did not suit my bass - £25
      Elixir Nickel (45-130) - Used for a couple of months, still life in them! - £15
      D'addario XL Nickels - Light use for month or so, not sure on gauge but think its 45-125 - £10
      DR Fat Beams - 45 - 105 (cut for Fender headstock) - Light use for a couple of weeks - £15
      Dunlop Super Bright Nickels - 45-125 BRAND NEW - £20
      Dunlop Super Bright Steel -45-125 used for 2 months - £10
      Dunlop Super Bright Nickels 30-125 BRAND NEW (I swapped out the 130 B for a 125) - £20

• By paddybass
      Now reduced to £250. Willing to courier at cost. 

I’m moving on this very nice Precision Bass of unknown origin as I have another one on the way. I’ve had this 3 or 4 years myself and has been used both live and in the studio. Currently fitted with flats. It has a lovely sunburst finish and a very nice Maple neck but with no branding. Frets are good with very little wear. I have no idea of it’s origin  but I bought it from an old guy who said it’d been under his bed for many years (yes, that old chestnut). It’s decent enough hardware, the chunky bridge and tuners have nicely rounded edges. The pick up pole pieces are proud of the covers. There is a serial number sticker 81 6305 (see pic: 81 in slightly less bold character than the 6305). Neck plate stamped Made In Japan. Who knows, maybe an old Jap copy or someone’s tried to pass it off as one? But anyway, it plays great, sounds great and looks the part. Another slightly odd thing is the black of the sunburst covers the whole chamfered area of the body on that corner which I haven’t seen on other sunburst Precision’s. Scratch plate has an older looking tort design to it.  Not asking a fortune for this so It’s all subjective. It does have the odd little ding or blemish, a slight craze to varnish above tug bar holes which Ive only just noticed after 4 yrs but generally very tidy 8/10. Can pack well, box and courier included in price of £300. 

• By TrevorR
      Bum and poo! So it turns out my short scale acoustic bass needed medium scale strings... upshot is I’ve got an entirely unused (not even clipped) short scale set of La Bella 750-T white nylon tape wound strings 50/65/85/105 and absolutely nothing to use them for. So, if you’ve got a use for them, as my little karma contribution you’re welcome to have them. Would just appreciate you give a fiver or something to your fave charity as a goodwill gesture to “cover” postage.
      PM me if you’re interested. First come first served. Probably just let me know first rather than sending all your details first. Will get back to to you as soon as poss.

• By guybrush threepwood
      Set of Ernie Ball Cobalt flats 45, 65, 85, 105. Cut for a P bass. 
      I bought these a few weeks ago, and have been on my bass for a week or so. In total they've probably had about 6-7 hours of playing. 
      Selling as I bought these to try out - I love TI's but sometimes have a hankering for rounds. I thought these would be the best of both worlds, but for me, they don't really do the gruff flat thing with the tone knob down; they're just a bit too zingy! That said, I'm sure they'd sound great on a jazz or stingray, or something a bit more modern. 
      Price includes UK delivery - happy to take PayPal for these. 
    • By The59Sound
      Dived into the world of tapes and found I didn't belong there! 
      https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/320175-tapes-on-a-jazz/
      So, up for grabs are my La Bella Tapes, roughly 3 hours playing time from brand new. They have been cut for a Jazz bass so should fit all headstocks. The silks are a little tatty but overall are in good nick!
      Strings Direct are selling these for £44+£2 postage but I will let my 3 hour old strings go for £30 inc. postage.
      Cheers.