walbassist

Newtone and Fodera nickel roundwounds
£131

I’ve been experimenting with strings quite a lot recently and so have various sets available.  All with very light use, cut for 3 over 2 headstocks. 

Newtone

i) "Platinum” Nickel on round cores, 38" long - 50/70/90/110/130 - £20

ii) "Platinum” Nickel on round cores, 38" long - 45/65/85/105/130 - £20.  These have been used through-body, but soft core means should be fine to put on a top load bass.

iii) “Diamond” Nickel on round cores - 55/70/90/110/135, low tension set with tapered low B – 38.5” string length.  G string was cut and fitted very briefly, but all others unused - £25

iv) NEW "Platinum" Steel roundwound - .130 gauge 37" length - £5

Fodera

v) Nickel roundwounds, - 50/70/90/110/135 - 39.25" string length - £25.  Used through-body but round core so pliable.  Only on the bass for one day.

La Bella

vi) 2 x NEW La Bella nylon flats, one copper white and one white nylon - .043 gauge – XL scale length - £5 each or both for £8

Thanks for looking

Gareth

Edited by walbassist

2 hours ago, largo said:

Do you know if the 38" scale on the La Bella's will work on a standard 34" bass?  

I would think it unlikely, but why not get a tape measure out and see where a 38" length would take you on the headstock?

Hey Gareth

Which of these are still for sale?

6 hours ago, TheGreek said:

Hey Gareth

Which of these are still for sale?

All of them :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By The59Sound
      Dived into the world of tapes and found I didn't belong there! 
      https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/320175-tapes-on-a-jazz/
      So, up for grabs are my La Bella Tapes, roughly 3 hours playing time from brand new. They have been cut for a Jazz bass so should fit all headstocks. The silks are a little tatty but overall are in good nick!
      Strings Direct are selling these for £44+£2 postage but I will let my 3 hour old strings go for £30 inc. postage.
      Cheers. 

• By Mister RLP
      I have been trying different strings on my p  and j basses and have come to the conclusion that I still like Chromes on my p bass and the strings that the Flea Jazz bass came with. So moving on the Fender  Fender .45 - .100 Flatwound strings 9050L. They are opened and cut to fit p or j bass however they were on the bass for less than a week. With the original packaging. 
      £15 including postage. 
    • By greghagger
      I have a set of La Bella Gut Double Bass Strings I am selling.  I tried them & could not get on with gut strings.  I also now need my 2nd bass strung with steel strings for arco practise so they are not needed anymore.  The whole set is in good condition & has not really been used.  I paid £345 for the set so grab yourself a bargain.
      This is the product description:
      The G and D strings are plain gut.  The A and E are Silver Wound.  They are an excellent choice for warm pizzicato tone with easy playability and comfortable feel.  
      Please message me if you have any questions.
      Thanks
      Greg
    • By antonio_das_cruzes
      Greetings!
      Recently I started using some flatwounds on one of my bass for a more jazzy tone, but now I want to string up my 5 string and ain't able to find a .045 - 0.145 flatwound set. It seems string companies aren't producing flatwound low b's with .145 gauge, which is what I use on a short scale so it doesn't go flabby. Anybody know why is that?
      However, I found out this guy, that produces custom strings on order:
      http://www.garrygoodman.com/sub_contra_flatwounds.htm
      Anybody has any experience with him or may have heard about?

• By The59Sound
      Hello all,
      I have just joined a 70s rock covers band and am thinking of putting flats back on my Jazz. I usually use a Bearfoot Blueberry to get a bit of grit and having flats on the Jazz bass gives me a really nice 'vintage' tone (think JPJ on early Zep records).
      I've always been curious about tapes and woud like to know how they differ from flats in feeling, tension and sound. I have no experience playing tapes but thought they would be quite similar to the flats I normally use. My nut has already been filed for thicker gauge strings so fitting tapes shouldn't be a problem.
      Any help or advice welcome!