Why become a member? ×

Dingwall Combustion 5 (upgraded Canadian specs) **SOLD**
£1000

Dood

For sale is my Dingwall Combustion 5 string.

Since I have owned it from brand new, it has been upgraded to meet my Dingwall AB1 bass. You can not buy a Combustion in this specification.

The original specifications are:

Alder Body.

Maple Neck.

EMG Active Preamplifer.

Dingwall FD3n Neodymium pickups.

Four way selector switch.

Ability to make this bass an NG2 as the pickup slots are routed at the factory under the pick guard. 

It now features:

Official Hipshot USA ultralight tuning keys instead of licensed versions. (£120)

Black hardware all over verses standard chrome (£60)

Dunlop Dual strap buttons (£?)

Dingwall SF2 Super Fatty II pickups!!! (£200)

A pair of roller string trees to aid string changes. I'd also mention tuning stability using these, but the bass was always rock solid for days anyway!

Things to note: Where I removed the old string retainer there is a small drilled hole where the screw came out. There is a small 2mm wide dip on the lower edge of the bass. It's the same colour as the paint anyway so pretty much unnoticeable. I've tried to photograph it but I can't see it in the picture lol. I have moved the rear strap button downward, therefore there is a hole (that you could put something in I suppose - another button or even a neat screw to fill the space. For these reasons the price is marked well below that of it's worth. The original pickups are not included in the sale. Original hardware not available. (Bass is pictured with string retainer not rollers here)

Collection is of course going to be the wisest idea and a cup of tea will be forthcoming :) Payment by Bank Transfer. - However, should you wish to have the bass shipped to you, payment will be made by bank transfer, no PayPal. I will ensure the instrument is safely packed in a soft case inside a shipping carton. It will be marked as Fragile with full details of address to be sent to. The arranging and shipping of the instrument will be up to the buyer and thus any claims insurance claims for loss or damage by the courier will be the responsibility of the buyer. No returns. (Photographs of the instrument and case and packaging will be made prior to collection. I can provide the necessary details for the buyer to arrange the shipment. Don't offer me less than £1000 heh heh! There's about £1300 worth of bass here already!

Should I find a way to find £1000, this bass will be removed from sale. I've struggled as this bass should be my keeper, but financial situation has made me put it up for sale. 

Enlight1.thumb.jpg.751225dce374d81d33f60305a1c9f047.jpgEnlight2.thumb.jpg.33ec3485402c1b06339c31e2163b2233.jpgIMG_4686.thumb.JPG.3c1f88fac08509571b005973e355d8df.JPG

Edited by dood
  • Like 2

Just now, AlexiaSpring said:

Beautiful bass man! Is it Gloss white or Matte?

It's white gloss - it's a flat colour rather than the pearly Ducati White of the NG models if that makes sense.

1 hour ago, BaggyMan said:

Hi 

slightly off message.  what did you do with the old pickups..and would they be for sale if available??

I can sell the pickups separately, I'll send you  a PM!

Edited by dood
adding details

38 minutes ago, krispn said:

The neck on these combustion’s is one of the nicest I’ve triend on a five string slim and fast and certainly not a big jump for a regular scale length bass!

True. The first (and only) time I tried a Dingwall there was pretty much zero “adjustment time” beyond what I’d usually have when picking up any unfamiliar bass.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, totorbass said:

Is it a matching white headstock? I don't think so but am not seeing very well on the pic.

Only the NG2 Combustion basses have a matching headstock, this one is natural :)

• 3 weeks later...

I guess folk were holding off due to Christmas. Often frowned upon by other family members when the biggest present in the house was bought by you, for you lol lol lol :)  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Always nice to have more Dingwalls over here!

Unfortunately miine might have to leave after consulting the mechanic this morning...

Edited by Bigwan

Just now, Bigwan said:

Always nice to have more Dingwalls over here!

Unfortunately miine might have to leave after consulting the mechanic this morning...

It's a gutting feeling, I really feel your pain as I've anguished for way too long. I've tried to keep hold of this gorgeous bass, but similarly, I've been hit with some debts that aren't going away any time soon. I hope that your car bill ends up being smaller and you can hang on to your bass!

1 minute ago, dood said:

It's a gutting feeling, I really feel your pain as I've anguished for way too long. I've tried to keep hold of this gorgeous bass, but similarly, I've been hit with some debts that aren't going away any time soon. I hope that your car bill ends up being smaller and you can hang on to your bass!

Thanks Dood... Looking unlikely at the minute unfortunately...

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Bigwan said:

Thanks Dood... Looking unlikely at the minute unfortunately...

I'm really sorry to hear it. I know that sinking feeling well.