Why become a member? ×

Anyone in Sussex or nearby got a quilter bass block 800???

51m0n

I bought mine without hearing it, it's a monster of a thing through either my Dubster or Four10, very easy to use and not lacking in oomph or volume in any way, I don't think you'd be disappointed if you do end up having to buy without trying one.

I bought mine without hearing one, partly due to the fact that you can return it if you buy online.

However, I'm keeping it.  It's such a powerful and warm sounding amp.  I've gigged the Quilter four times and have received unsolicited positive comments on each gig.  That only ever happened previously with my Thundefunk 550.

The EQ is simple, but you have to learn how to use it in conjunction with the gain and volume knobs.  It sounds wonderful with the two EQ knobs at 12 o'clock anyway.  I might write a review after a few months and many more gigs.  So far, I'm very impressed and really like it.

EDIT: I'm in Belfast otherwise you'd be welcome to try mine.  I have a BB2 as well.

Frank.

Edited by machinehead
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yet to try it at war volume, need to borrow it from its real owner (eldest son) so I wont say anything other than it seems fine at practice volumes, and the eq seems very usable for general tone control, it is the opposite of surgical, which suits his needs perfectly.