Why become a member? ×

NS NXT dead / zero sustain

fleabag

Not yet Pierre, but sounds like a good idea.  I've breezed over some of his vids, and the bloke is mustard

I've been twatting around on the NS and loving it .  It was hard to start with but its amazing how quickly  one gets used to things.

Having  recorded with and  still owning a fretless  regular bass,  some of the muscle memory is there, just gotta stretch a bit more.

Edited by fleabag

I  tried many times to use Geoff's fretting hand position, and TBH, its impossible for me due to some hand shape / size

I have to use my normal shape fretting hand. I find its working ok.  I'm never going to be Danny Thompson, but it'll be fun

• Like 1

Normal DB ?   I'm not sure mine is normal - 3/4 size and electric.

I play with thumb braced on the back of the neck

I use the ring finger to re-inforce / brace the pinky.  I think i actually got that from geoff.

Edited by fleabag

NB : Pete

When my pal gets his MAC back from the laptop hospital, we can get going again on recording, and i'll have a go on the NXT and see how i get on.

Last track i did with a  regular fretless  ( excuse the  annoying midi drums  )  but this is too tricky for me to have done on the EUB.

https://www.soundclick.com/html5/v3/player.cfm?type=single&songid=13670504&q=hi&newref=1

Glad you found the right strings. Concerning your left hand playing, in fact, your thumb is only a guide and must not press the back of the neck. The power for pushing the strings should come from your fingers muscles only, otherwise when pressing the back of the neck wih your thumb you'll involve your tendons too much and finally damage them...

16 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

Glad you found the right strings. Concerning your left hand playing, in fact, your thumb is only a guide and must not press the back of the neck. The power for pushing the strings should come from your fingers muscles only, otherwise when pressing the back of the neck wih your thumb you'll involve your tendons too much and finally damage them...

Thanks H, will bear that in mind

1 hour ago, fleabag said:

NB : Pete

When my pal gets his MAC back from the laptop hospital, we can get going again on recording, and i'll have a go on the NXT and see how i get on.

Last track i did with a  regular fretless  ( excuse the  annoying midi drums  )  but this is too tricky for me to have done on the EUB.

https://www.soundclick.com/html5/v3/player.cfm?type=single&songid=13670504&q=hi&newref=1

Nice bass work, the EUB will be great for this.Welcome to the world of upright.