Why become a member? ×

Overwater 7 string custom bass - On hold.
£1350

ambient

This is an amazing beast of a bass that has to be heard to be believed, from thunderous lows to sweet and exquisite high notes.

It's currently tuned low B to high F, but other tunings are quite possible, I've had it low F# to high C which worked nice, and i once had it tuned low F# to high C in piccolo tuning which was fantastic.

If you check out any of any Bandcamp stuff from this year, any of the solo bass stuff will be this instrument. I'm pretty sure that I have video too from the various concerts that I've done with it.

The instrument is 14 years old, and was serviced by Overwater in February this year. It's in fantastic condition though, just a couple of very tiny marks that are too small to photograph, and would need pointing out for you to see them.

I have the birth certificate somewhere, which details all of the woods used in the construction. The body is walnut, and the facing is quilted maple, with a black accent piece between. The fretboard is the finest piece of dark black ebony that I've ever seen. 

The electronics are Overwater's own pickups and the preamp is an Overwater John East. Black tuners and it has recessed black Dunlop strap locks fitted.

The scale length is 35”, and it has 24 frets.

It weighs 6.5kg, which probably explains it's massive sound. So not a bass if you've got a bad back or enjoying wowing your audience with your acrobatic prowess, no backward somersaults from the top of your rig with this strapped to you.

I would prefer collection from Birmingham, but I am willing to travel to deliver for train fare.

Trades welcome for an Overwater 6 string bass, either fretted or fretless. Also considering trades for either a Zon Sonus 6 or a Modulus Quantum 6. 

On hold - trade pending.

IMG_6514.JPG

IMG_0820.JPG

IMG_3464.JPG

IMG_9687.JPG

IMG_5217.JPG

IMG_9813.JPG

Edited by ambient

3 minutes ago, No lust in Jazz said:

What's your Bandcamp profile? This guitar isn't for me but I just wanted to look in on your music.

(ambient is a great buy to deal with BTW)

Here's my Bandcamp, its a bit of a mix of stuff. A lot of solo bass, also more keyboardy stuff :).

https://an-ending-ascend.bandcamp.com

I’ve had a few messages about trades. I have very specific wants regarding trades. It must have 6 strings, fretless is fine. 

Regarding manufacturers, ideally an Overwater, I love everything about Chris’s instruments.

I would also be interested in trades for the following: 

Modulus Quantum, I had an amazing one for about 4 years and foolishly sold it two years ago. I still miss it now.

Zon Sonus, I’ve owned a couple of these, they’d really suit what I do.

I can add cash for the right instrument. Trade instruments must be in good condition.