Why become a member? ×

Skype tuition?

FarFromTheTrees

There's no bass tutor in my area so i'm considering lessons via Skype if anyone has any teacher recommendations which they could kindly throw my way? I desperately need to improve the theory side of things. There's so much about playing Bass that will remain a mystery to me without it. I WANT that knowledge.

I tried Scott's Bass Lessons for a year and  while there's no doubt that his website is a vast and impressive resource, I personally learn better when I have a real person I can interact with who is teaching me things as opposed to "teaching" myself from available materials.

If you've tried Skype lessons how did you find it? Any pro's & cons?

Cheers!

5 hours ago, TheGreek said:

Nick Smith, Doctor of the Bass is in Peterborough, has a shop and will do SKYPE lessons. He'll tailor them to what you want/need. Ring him on:

01733 311 469

07961 880770

Added to the short list. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Steve Woodcock said:

Hi @FarFromTheTrees,

I offer Skype lessons too, and theory is a speciality of mine. Feel free to PM me and we can have a chat if you like.

Best,

Steve

I'll drop you a message now :)

Steve Amadeo

http://steveamadeo.com/

I've worked with him in person a few times, one-to-one or in small groups, and he's improved my playing dramatically.  He's strong on the importance of theory, but also very practical and adapts well to the different interests and playing levels of different students.

He is on BC but doesn't check in often, so best to contact him through his website.