Why become a member? ×

Public apology to Bassman7755 and others

BassTractor

Strictly speaking this is Off Topic, but I put it here because it's a response to a thread within General Discussion.

In the thread about the most musically talented musician of all time, I wrote a post that I now believe must have been way more hard hitting than I imagined when I wrote it, and Bassman7755 especially was (or seemed) its target.

I have read and re-read the offending post, and now believe that it was an ugly thing to write. I therefore apologise to Bassman7755, and of course all others who may have felt they were its target, for that post's general tone and the aspects of it that put down other people.

What I should've said was that the most talented person likely is not a person we tend to know. What I said instead was that people who mention McCartney have no clue about this stuff.

I'm very sorry, and wish Bassman7755 and others all the best.

Bert

Edited by BassTractor
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3

I have not read the original thread so can't comment on it. However I applaud your ability to acknowledge that you may have offended someone and are willing to apologise for it. This is especially relevant on the internet where it seems that so many people are happy to troll etc. Good on ya :i-m_so_happy:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, charic said:

Paging @bassman7755

Ah! Whilst you posted that, I was writing a PM to Bassman7755. So synchronicity was true after all. Yup, one can always depend on Jung.

Thanks, Rik. (I was aware of the new function, but forgot to use it in this thread. Hard to teach a dead dog a new trick.)

1 hour ago, BassTractor said:

Ah! Whilst you posted that, I was writing a PM to Bassman7755. So synchronicity was true after all. Yup, one can always depend on Jung.

Thanks, Rik. (I was aware of the new function, but forgot to use it in this thread. Hard to teach a dead dog a new trick.)

No worries mate :)

15 hours ago, Bolo said:

Just fishing for Watts I bet!

:crazy:

xD , but that is actually what worries me most about this thread, and it had felt better to me as a Norse Dutchman, if this group hug / top man thing had been less prominent. But I knew there was a considerable risk that that would happen on a British forum, and I felt I had to accept that before even starting to write. Writing this OP was more important than avoiding these likely consequences.

At the same time, and at several levels, it's also very heartwarming and highly appreciated, so this really is a mixed bag to me. 

To compensate though, I stand by my views in several of that "talented" topic's elements, and as such am still the condescending tw*t that some people always have known that I am. :) :( :$  I'm not sorry for having a strong opinion about Bassman7755's stance in the matter, but I'm sorry for having invoked the Dunning-Krueger effect about people whom I know little about, and who are not part in the "treating talents badly" thing I wrote about in a later post.

Edited by BassTractor