Why become a member? ×

FT/FS: Fender USA Std Jazz Fretless (Price Drop)
£950

radiophonic

Bump for price drop: £850 (is it possible to change the thread title?)

Bump for trades: Something smaller bodied and more modern. Warwick etc. Maybe a Maple board P-Bass in an interesting colour. Tempt me. 

Fender USA Standard Jazz Fretless. I bought it new in 2016, so it's one of the very final American Standard models, just before they ceased production.  For those who are unaware, these have the carbon fiber reinforcement in the neck, custom shop 60's pickups and a high-mass bridge. Sunburst finish, black scratch-plate (although I have the original Tort and will include it). This has barely been gigged - maybe three or four times - and has spent most of its short life in a case.  I just don't get on with the offset body, narrow nut and everything else that makes a Jazz what it is. A great bass but not for me. The neck is fantastic and based on the kind of action I can achieve, it must be incredibly true. Extremely clean condition, with just one very tiny dint in the finish located middle of the back of the instrument. I can't get it to show up on a pic though. I've got it strung with the original Fender flats (I think it has rounds in the pic though). Comes with original Fender hard case and with the truss-rod tool. UK shipping will be negotiable.  For everybody’s peace of mind, I'd prefer some kind of personal delivery or collection agreement depending on location - I'm happy to drive for an hour or so from Notts or Coventry - but I could courier it if that wasn't practical.

Jazz1.thumb.jpg.c22a23931754123794a4657cd29df90c.jpgJazz2.thumb.jpg.c4078dc383edfdd8960d95e56b6c871e.jpgJazz3.thumb.jpg.51397462d4e250f268a50531e39c190d.jpg

Edited by radiophonic
  • Like 1

Location is East Notts, but I work near Coventry so delivery range goes that way too. No idea what it weighs, but it's a USA Std and I doubt they vary too much. You'd need to play it first anyway. I took it off the market for a while after I discovered the dint, for one last attempt at bonding, but it's just not for me. 

Any interest in this? I haven't had a fretless for a few years, could be interesting. I live near Oxford, rehearse about once a month in Leicester, so I pass around Coventry on the way there (and back).

Not really tbh.  I'm mostly interested in the P-Bass trade option rather than the cash, which is why I've not dropped the price. I've never actually owned one (I know- ban me immediately!) and I'm playing in band where it would be a good option. I work in Coventry but live near Nottingham so Leicester isn't that far either - and I drive past it most days. I'd deliver to either. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 26/10/2019 at 02:01, MikePan said:

Hi Radiophonic, 

I like your bass. Is it still available?  If yes can you give more specifikations?

Best regards

What do you need to know? It's a completely stock USA Standard, aside from the scratchplate (the original tort is included though).