Why become a member? ×

Help needed -Therapy/ Silverfish Rock city 90s

T-Bay

I know this is a long shot but here goes, I saw Therapy and Silverfish play at Rock city in the early 90s, I think 93 but could be wrong. There was a third band on the bill but I cannot for the life of me remember who it was, they were one of the darlings of NME at the time but beyond that I am lost. I have searched every source I can think,of with no luck. So I thought it was worth an ask on here in case anyone either had any knowledge of where I could find the info, or even better, was there.

Nope, but thanks anyway, they were an all male group, pretty sure they were a four piece but could have been five. Definitely weren’t a trio as I distinctly remember the lead singer and he wasn’t playing as well. I have just drawn a blank trying to research it, it may have been May 93 but again I am far from sure.

22 minutes ago, el borracho said:

I remember seeing all these around that time but after a quick google all I can find is that the two of them definitely toured with Gallon Drunk in 93 - you say it wasn't them though.

Nomeansno maybe?? - played with Silverfish and Therapy  in 91 - not sure about Rock City though.

I am not sure on Gallon Drunk, I sort of assumed it would be a light bulb moment when I heard the name and I would go ‘that’s the one!’, It would be nice if I could find confirmation either way.

Always up for a challenge, I had a good old internet trawl on this one; scant evidence online does lean toward Gallon Drunk.

Funny is it?  It was only 1993 and it seems like the dark ages.  If you were to fast forward 25 years to 2043 and ask who were third on the bill when <insert band name here> played <insert venue here>, you'd have zero problem finding out what you want to know.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

Always up for a challenge, I had a good old internet trawl on this one; scant evidence online does lean toward Gallon Drunk.

Funny is it?  It was only 1993 and it seems like the dark ages.  If you were to fast forward 25 years to 2043 and ask who were third on the bill when <insert band name here> played <insert venue here>, you'd have zero problem finding out what you want to know.

Tell me about it, I spent several hours trawling everything I could find using every search term I could think would work (Silverfish isn’t a great name for that!) but in luck. I am now pretty sure it was May the 23rd but still can’t be 100%. Gallon drink certainly seem likely, as they were at other dates with them last year, but it just doesn’t ring a bell at all. Knowing there are a few Therapy? Fans on here I thought it was worth an ask.

• 2 weeks later...