Why become a member? ×

PRICE DROP 3700£. Fender jazzbass 1966 matchingheadstock
£4200

voila

Hi mates,

I'm selling my main bass.

Fender jazzbass from 1966 black matching headstock.

The bass has been refretted and refinished, otherwise all components are original included the case and pickups covers as you can see, the bridge cover has the foam glued.

Sounds fat and well defined, superb. The state of frett is perfect, and truss is working perfectly but it is not neccesary to adjust because the bass is very stable. The weight is around 4.1kg. The best bass that I've ever played. 

The bass and me, are in Spain, and I could send the bass to the European Union or wherever. The shipment cost is not included. The bass can be sent properly packed and you could play it and test in Madrid - Spain, and Ill invite you to take some beers. 

The price was 4200£--> NOW 3950£

I can't accept trades or partial trades.

Finally, I have been a user of basschat for several years, you can check my feedback thread, and if you need more references, feel free to write me. Some basschat users knows me!

Cheers

IMG_20171112_182322.jpg

IMG_20171112_182305.jpg

IMG_20171112_182313.jpg

IMG_20171112_182344.jpg

IMG_20171112_182400.jpg

IMG_20171202_114647.jpg

IMG_20171202_112528.jpg

Edited by voila
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, chrisanthony1211 said:

Lovely bass, any chance of a close up photo of that pick guard, it looks like it may be a reissue but it could just be the photos.

Interesting - the guard looks good to me but there are others here that will know better. Really lovely bass - who did the re-fin and is it nitro? Realistic price if all parts original (IMO)

I'm going to make a new photo where I will try to appreciate the cleavage that the thumbrest has left after all these years.

The original color was sunburst because I could verify it by looking at the bottom of the pickups. the paint is white nitrocellulose and above the layers of black. 

It has been refinished two years ago approximately because, when I bought this bass, I had already refinished a very ugly color and the original nitrocellulose could not be saved because it had melted.

I'm not sure but I think I do not have photos with the ugly color before refinishing

Thank you for comments

Edited by voila

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...