Why become a member? ×

Site downtime 14/12

ped

PLANNED DOWNTIME: Tomorrow (14th Dec) at 10:00 PM or just after we will be moving to a brand new super fast server.

We expect it'll take a few hours but will keep you updated. Whilst the site is offline we will show our status updates.

We know we said we'd never have to go offline again but our old server let us down and we've gone all out this time. Thanks and spread the word!

@ped @charic, Right now,  you are gods! :) It's sometimes hard for 'normal folk' to know how much work has to go in to the kinda updates that we've been experiencing over the last couple of months. I just want to say how incredible you guys have been to pull off this feat by yourselves. I applaud you, I kneel in your presence!!!

Well done, seriously, well done!!

Edited by dood
typo
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, dood said:

@ped @charic, Right now,  you are gods! :) It's sometimes hard for 'normal folk' to know how much work has to go in to the kinda updates that we've been experiencing over the last couple of months. I just want to say how incredible you guys have been to pull off this feat by yourselves. I applaud you, I kneel in your presence!!!

Well done, seriously, well done!!

All they did was unplug it, then plug it back in! :biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, fleabag said:

I suppose there must be a use for status updates, but i havent fathomed it.

It seems, of the little i've read, that it's stuff that could just as well be posted on the forums ??  

Are you just picking threads at random? :P

Status updates are intended to be used in a similar fashion to facebook updates.  Granted, people are putting longer status' than I expected but it was a feature on the old site too