Why become a member? ×

Bass Guitar Magazine, fretless bass of the year: ACG Salace

GreeneKing

I've had a look and can't see mention of this elsewhere.

Alan Cringeon is a valued friend. I've followed his career as a luthier for at least 11 years, from the early days. Many of you will know him and his work, either directly or from various bass resources.

I won't go on but I would like to offer my congratulations as a Salace 5 String E-Type has just been awarded the accolade 'Fretless Bass of 2017' by Bass Guitar Magazine.

I know how much time, effort and pure craft Alan has devoted to building both basses and guitars over the years and I for one am dead chuffed for him.

Peter

IMG_1986.jpg

IMG_1985.jpg

Edited by Silvia Bluejay
Clearer topic title
  • Like 5

Well done Alan. I remember he came down all the way from the Borders to our first Yorkshire Bass Bash a few years ago.

......Nice to see a Bass in BGM that actually exists^_^ ( this comment refers to my Topic 'Vote and Win') regarding 3 Jackson Basses that were offered as prizes by BGM.

Edited by yorks5stringer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I do hope this brings in orders for ACG.  If not swamped with work already, this will pump them up into orbit.

Well deserved.  ACG are up there with the most stunningly finished basses in the world. Its a small club, brilliant to know a UK builder is amongst the elite.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Silvia Bluejay said:

Congrats, Alan! It was a pleasure, and highly GAS-inducing, to speak to you at the LBGS.  I hear you're going to be at NAMM too? We'll see you there for a catch-up and more GAS! :)

Many thanks. Look forward to meeting in what I hope will be sunny LA. 

• Like 1

On 13/12/2017 at 19:09, yorks5stringer said:

"......Nice to see a Bass in BGM that actually exists^_^"

Hi,

Not wishing to be contentious but....would you like to add some meat on the bones of that comment? Wouldn't mind knowing if that was meant in jest or actually was meant seriously. Happy to discuss privately or on here. I can quite happily confirm that every piece of kit I've ever reviewed has been reviewed and tested by me either at home, at BGM offices in years gone by or in-store if we're conducting a review day. Having written for the mag for 13 years, every review I've written has been with the gear at my disposal.

All the  best one and all,

Mike

• Like 3