Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Price dropped to £205 inc. postage - SGC Nanyo Bass Collection SB315 5 string in black
£225

benh

NOW SOLD

Hi,

Bought this on a whim from eBay as I really fancied trying one. Lovely bass, made in Japan I believe somewhere between late ‘80s - early ‘90s. I believe there is a way to check with the serial number, alas I haven’t been able to find it. These retailed for quite a bit IIRC when new, the 2nd hand prices really don’t reflect the quality of these. Really well built instruments.

This is a 5 string SB310 range, it has a brass nut with quality Gotoh tuners, all original. In great condition other than a small mark at the back of the headstock (shown in pics). Other than this it’s in great condition, especially for its age. I haven’t done anything to it except play it since I bought it so could probably do with a fresh set of strings of your preference and a set up. Comes with used but perfectly usable hard case.

Reason for sale is that it’s just not getting played, don’t think the Mrs is very happy with it being bought and just sat there! Don’t want to make anything on this of course, I bought it for £250 including postage but happy to take £225 posted. EDIT: now £215 posted.

Any questions, please ask via PM.

Cheers!

7E547D43-8029-4118-91E6-0743AD64C542.jpeg

806480C8-62A5-40F2-BCCE-3187357EF36F.jpeg

CF5F1FA5-40A6-49CA-B2BE-685CDCC7A476.jpeg

C4D7D6AB-75F9-460D-A730-FA885CE09A2F.jpeg

08B92C0B-CDFA-463D-84B9-9E2762962D76.jpeg

Edited by benh
Sold

The way to tell the year it was made is by the serial number. The first 2 digits indicate the year, so 891234, would be 1989. if the serial number has rubbed off the cavity cover there is another in the cavity usually stuck on the pre-amp.

Unbelievable how little these basse sell for. A quality Japanese instrument with Gotoh hardware, fabulous neck and as light as a feather for Squier money. These basses sold for in excess of £500 in the day and that was the cheapest passive 4 string.

GLWTS as someone is going to get a hell of an instrument. If I didn;t already have 3 x 5 strings, I'd be there.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bump - Bit more urgency added for this to go, as it's going to have to be kept at my parents house while me and the Mrs move house in a couple of weeks. £205 takes it (inc postage), won't be dropping the price any further. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...