Why become a member? ×

Anyone recommend a good place for a refinish?

Chewie

22 hours ago, Dan Dare said:

If you have a classic instrument that is getting scruffy, I suggest resisting the temptation. I regret stripping my old J bass (it was a very battered sunburst). Reduces the value and now "roadworn" is in vogue, anyway.

I'm with Dan Dare here. Leave it in its' original colour / finish. Plus, when you take it out to gigs, you're less "Precious" about it getting knocked & bumped....
Whereas with a shiny, immaculate, blemish-free instrument - you may end up being on tenterhooks every time anyone goes near it, or too cautious to even take it out of the case....
Let it be :)

On 13/12/2017 at 11:31, Dan Dare said:

If you have a classic instrument that is getting scruffy, I suggest resisting the temptation. I regret stripping my old J bass (it was a very battered sunburst). Reduces the value and now "roadworn" is in vogue, anyway.

To be honest, I’ve just got hold of a road worn jazz bass with stack knobs on it & I wondered about having it done in shell pink.......

F28DB52C-80AC-4326-AD1B-DB54437E439C.jpeg

12 hours ago, Chewie said:

To be honest, I’ve just got hold of a road worn jazz bass with stack knobs on it & I wondered about having it done in shell pink.......

If you want it shell pink you might be better off buying a Flea signature body from Stratosphere ( LINK ) and selling the sunburst body, it would certainly be cheaper than a decent respray.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Rumple said:

If you want it shell pink you might be better off buying a Flea signature body from Stratosphere ( LINK ) and selling the sunburst body, it would certainly be cheaper than a decent respray.

I'd leave the body on Chewie's bass as it is - I do like the RW Jazz in Sunburst..... then again, I like them in Fiesta Red too.
Good suggestion here though Rumple, thanks for posting that link
BTW. Chewie, you could buy a Shell Pink body and see whether you prefer it? If not, keep the sunburst one for a while - just in case....