Why become a member? ×

Mike Lull build...finished/delivered/photos.

NancyJohnson

Now then.  Some of you may recall the Smitten Kitten thread from a while back.  I fell in love with a five-string Mike Lull NRT5, sold a bunch of basses and put in an order.  

Six months on, the photo below dropped into my inbox today with a brief message saying Mike Lull will be building it this week, so hopefully I'll see it before Christmas.  I guess it's pretty rare to see his work like this, so posting here. 

I am heartedly excited.

P

25182404_10214933735238811_5381849116143329617_o.thumb.jpg.88fd1d6b4cc1929629e1250b546b174a.jpg

Edited by NancyJohnson
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Very cool, about 3 months longer than my US Lakland, but sounds like Mike himself puts everything together at the very least, even if he doesn't make all the parts?! Whereas US Laklands are 'team-built' I believe.
Gonna be a beast!

Si

1 hour ago, Chiliwailer said:

I'm quite envious, being a big fan of the basses and the man himself.

Nice Xmas present, bet you haven't had this many butterflies before Xmas since you were a kid?!

Butterflies are a kind of a diminishing return; older you get, less excitement you feel, but yep, when that pic dropped there was a bit of fluttering!

27 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

What colour hardware are you having? Going to look lovely.

All chrome! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

Butterflies are a kind of a diminishing return; older you get, less excitement you feel, but yep, when that pic dropped there was a bit of fluttering!

All chrome! 

I must admot - I might have been tempted to go all black