Why become a member? ×

Made the cut!

Highfox

17 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Fantastic, that sounds wonderful and great to hear. Well I'm not far up the road from you (ok so we're technically in a different time zone etc. norf of da riva, but they should be abolishing passport checks on the bridges / tunnels and introducing full regulatory alignment shortly, or so I hear) and I'd love to come by and hear your jazz / funk quartet sometime soon. Please do pm with some gig dates in 2018 when you and the band are playing!

We played our last gig for this year last weekend at a Birthday bash down in Brighton, but we hope to get things moving again in the New Year, so when I have the next date I will let you know mate... but you may have to cross the river :shok:

I thought I had got just about the right balance finally, yet in retrospect I have sold 4 basses, 2 guitars and a bass cab but brough a further 3 basses and a synth in so I guess net, I am 2 instruments down on the start of the year.....I am now absolutely certain I have the right balance now :D anyway I can't hang around here all day, what's new in the sales section o.O

Was up to 9 basses (including my Hofner Shorty which doesn't count cos it's just for practice around the house) and after much deliberation got rid of 3 (2 Tbirds and a Ltd 5 string) cos they weren't getting gigged and instruments need to be played. Now just have 2 identical Tbirds as main bass plus backup, a Tbird Goth for a regular Halloween gig the band does, an ESP Viper which I prefer to Gibson EB3s and a Ltd 4 string for when I need a break from Tbirds. Best of all, I donated the surplus basses to a nearby music charity that makes instruments available to students and young people. That's a weight off. Feel lighter and better.

I'm downsizing for different reasons, to raise dosh for a fam situation.  I've sold 4 this year (and now into single figures) including a couple of ACGs recently which were a real wrench to sell.  Probably still need to lose two more basses, maybe three.

It's not been pleasant I won't lie as all mine get played and gigged on rotation but very much comes under the #firstworldproblems banner.

My intention was to get down to 3 - have 2 up for sale, but just bid on/bought another, doh. But at least it`s a bass that has been bought for practicality/use rather than my usual "I just want another Precison cos it`s a colour I don`t currently have". The new one, if I get it will be used as a lightweight/space-saving backup, to make gigging easier. Well that`s my excuse.

• Like 1

Still agonising over selling my USA '62 reissue rosewood board TCSB Precision.  

I bought it a while back' partly based on the emotional aspects of recalling the original(stolen)  '62 I used to own, partly because I was in a '60's rock and roll band.  Singer died earlier this year and the band doesn't play without him, so it just sits there in its case.

Seems a shame that such a nice bass doesn't get played anymore but my #1 is all I play these days. Decisions decisions....

On 13/12/2017 at 14:19, Lozz196 said:

My intention was to get down to 3 - have 2 up for sale, but just bid on/bought another, doh. But at least it`s a bass that has been bought for practicality/use rather than my usual "I just want another Precison cos it`s a colour I don`t currently have". 

I've somehow gone from one Precision (and a couple of Jazz basses) a year or so ago to five precisions, one Jazz and a couple of other makes. I can't even use the 'different colour' excuse as three of my Precisions are sunburst!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FinnDave said:

I've somehow gone from one Precision (and a couple of Jazz basses) a year or so ago to five precisions, one Jazz and a couple of other makes. I can't even use the 'different colour' excuse as three of my Precisions are sunburst!

lol Dave, P's really are that good :) especially for the gig playing man or woman.

I had 4 of them at one point.

edit: to try not be sexist.

Edited by Highfox