Why become a member? ×

Bass Cab Multi-tasking

Yank

Why should your bass cab sit there taking up space between gigs?  I've found my cab,  20 inches high,  is the perfect height for sitting on and putting my socks on in the morning,  and just discovered that it is also the perfect height for putting my foot up and trimming my toenails.  Also,  the cover seems to catch the trimmings so they don't shoot all over the room.  Very easy to sweep them off.  Isn't it great being a bass player!

• Thanks 1

A small cab can be useful in the smallest room, put your feet up while taking a dump. See Page 19 (Look Inside) in this book:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gut-inside-story-bodys-under-rated/dp/1922247960#reader_1922247960

In other places, any horizontal surface in our house soon gets filled up with irrelevant objects. But the carry handle on my Fender guitar combo often gets in the way. I should remove it as I don't gig.

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 20:45, ped said:

Excellent! I found a Hartke 210XL was a perfect bedside table at university. The sprung handle even kept my phone cable and lamp in place.

my Hartke 210XL cab is the exact right height for putting a desk fan pointing at my bed.

Coincidence? I think NOT. Very clever, Larry :)

• Haha 1