Why become a member? ×

If you could go back in time to one gig, which one?

T-Bay

Tough one. Zero 7 at Glastonbury featuring Sia and Tina Dico (2004? Can't remember!), or very recently, Radiohead at Glastonbury this year as I thought their set was perfection.

Alternatives would be Hawkwind circa Space Ritual, Genesis circa Seconds Out (they'd have to play Supper's Ready in its entirety), Camel circa Moonmadness (I'll be getting as close as I can next year but there's only Andy left these days), Kate Bush in '79, Fleetwood Mac Rumours era, and Jimi Hendrix anytime, anyplace, anywhere.

It would also have been nice to not turn down the AC/DC ticket a friend offered to buy for the last tour prior to Bon dying, with me saying "I'll see 'em next time".

Cream's farewell concert in 1968 with Yes supporting

Any Queen concert

The Chilis on the Mothers Milk and BSSM tours

Pink Floyd Wall tour in 1980

A concert I was actually at - Pink Floyd at Earls Court on 23rd October 1994. The second best concert I have ever been to

I'd have loved to have seen Kiss with the original lineup - saw them this year and it finally eclipsed the Floyd show - not musically by a country mile but the show was incredible

there seem to be two distinct threads here:

1.  Which gig you went to would you love to be able to go to again?  For me, probably Nine Inch Nails on the Downward Spiral tour at the Forum in, what Wikipedia tells me was 1994

2.  Which gig that you didn't go to would you like to have been at?  Tricky given the whole of human history to pick from, and there aren't many bands I like that I've never seen (especially with all the reformations these days).  I'm really torn between Motorhead with Fast Eddie (only ever seen him do a guest spot with them, would love to have seen him in full flow), AC/DC with Bon Scott (obvs) or Led Zeppelin in their pomp

3 hours ago, JBP said:

I saw them at Donnington and Wembley Arena that year. I think I have caught them on just about every tour since, except during the 'Bailey' years, I only saw them once without Bruce and it just was not the same. They have essentially been doing the same show for years and I will  never get tired of seeing it, I would gladly go back a revisit any Maiden gig. But saying that next August cant come quick enough!

I'm a bit dissapointed that tge sale webt on Friday morning when I worked. Surely I can still grab a ticket. 

56 minutes ago, SH73 said:

I'm a bit dissapointed that tge sale webt on Friday morning when I worked. Surely I can still grab a ticket. 

They have added an extra date at the 02, there are still tickets available for that, not sure about the other dates though.

Hawkwind, 1972 at the Stadium, Liverpool (the recording of Space Ritual).

Rush, mid 70's to the early 80's.

Voivod at any point in their career (though especially with Jasonic on bass).

The Prong, Corrosion of Conformity & The Obsessed gig in Manchester 1995 I missed because of my finals.

A whole host of others...

Whilst I love The Sex Pistols, and probably would have been happy to be at any of their gigs, for me it would have had to have been The Old Firm Casuals, The Last Resort, and Booze & Glory all on the same bill at London Underworld, 29 July 2011. I wasn`t into any of those bands then, so missed out on this wonderful line-up. I`ve since been lucky enough to play gigs with them all, but to have been an audience member at that gig..........

3 hours ago, Monkey Steve said:

there seem to be two distinct threads here:

1.  Which gig you went to would you love to be able to go to again?  For me, probably Nine Inch Nails on the Downward Spiral tour at the Forum in, what Wikipedia tells me was 1994

2.  Which gig that you didn't go to would you like to have been at?  Tricky given the whole of human history to pick from, and there aren't many bands I like that I've never seen (especially with all the reformations these days).  I'm really torn between Motorhead with Fast Eddie (only ever seen him do a guest spot with them, would love to have seen him in full flow), AC/DC with Bon Scott (obvs) or Led Zeppelin in their pomp

I thought the thread was more likely to be the gig you played that you would like to play again.

1 - went to and would like to go again:  The Clash - The Lyceum October 81

2 - didn't go to but would've loved to have been there - Pink Floyd / Led Zeppelin / Joy Division - any of these 3 really

3 - gig played to play again - March 2016, Echoplex Los Angeles  kind of felt like we were getting somewhere OR Parma, Italy, March 2015 - for the after party ;) OR Club Isla, Valencia 1986 - if I knew then what I know now how much better would that gig have been?

For a gig I went to and would love to see again it would be either:

Shellac and Fugazi at the Stratford Rex, London in 1999

or Pop Will Eat Itself, reformation gig at what used to be the Hummingbird, Birmingham 2005

Edited by bartelby

22 hours ago, JBP said:

For me it would be Rush at Wembley Arena on the Hold Your Fire Tour, with Primus as support... my own personal bass heaven

Was this the only tour Primus supported them on? I thought when I saw them both it was Roll the Bones. Still, it’s a while ago now....

First saw Maiden at Reading in ‘82; I really miss Clive Burr. :-(

7 minutes ago, 4000 said:

Was this the only tour Primus supported them on? I thought when I saw them both it was Roll the Bones. Still, it’s a while ago now....

First saw Maiden at Reading in ‘82; I really miss Clive Burr. :-(

You no what, I think your right and im a numpty :facepalm:

I think it was the Roll Your Bones Tour. My God the memory is going already o.O

Well it's a weird one alright.

James Brown appeared a couple of yrs ago on a tiny outdoor stage in the little ole town of Gosport in Hants....yep, you could not make it up. Band was the tightest punchiest live unit I think Id ever seen, and playing to a few dozen locals. It really was a treat.

Edited by oldbass

On 12/11/2017 at 20:23, T-Bay said:

For me it would be the RHCP/ Pearl Jam/ Nirvana gig just after the release of Nevermind. Some Sex pistols ones come close, but that one with such a great line up and the buzz around at the time would sell it to me.

I was at Reading in 1991 when Cobain came out in a wheelchair...........  I can't remember if the RHCP did their flaming pith helmets that year but back then, Reading was awesome.........

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 4000 said:

Tough one. Zero 7 at Glastonbury featuring Sia and Tina Dico (2004? Can't remember!), or very recently, Radiohead at Glastonbury this year as I thought their set was perfection.

Alternatives would be Hawkwind circa Space Ritual, Genesis circa Seconds Out (they'd have to play Supper's Ready in its entirety), Camel circa Moonmadness (I'll be getting as close as I can next year but there's only Andy left these days), Kate Bush in '79, Fleetwood Mac Rumours era, and Jimi Hendrix anytime, anyplace, anywhere.

It would also have been nice to not turn down the AC/DC ticket a friend offered to buy for the last tour prior to Bon dying, with me saying "I'll see 'em next time".

Actually, scratch all the above. ABBA. Hands down.