Why become a member? ×

For Sale : EVE Iona 4 string 2015 (Handcrafted)
£650

aye_bau

The Eve brand out of Dundee needs no introduction in these parts due to it’s impeccable craftsmanship, unique designs and tonal palette. Indeed, this Iona 4 is well-made, very sleek and is very light for the bang it brings.  It has been well-cared for and has no issues other than one very slightly wiggly-on-the-turn machinehead that otherwise keeps solid tuning. No knocks, scratches or dings, no buzzes, no hums or cut-outs.  The electronics may take getting used to but a blast when you do. There is no master volume and no blend knobs...so once you “get” it, a sense of tonal balance and a good ear tend to result.  At least I think so! The .more advanced players will not have an issue with it I am sure. The pups get J Bass and Musicman tones easy...but really, your imagination (and your pedals) are the only limit. 

There is a similar bass on Bass Direct now at £1420, to offer proof of value of these fine instruments. It’s an absolute steal at this going price. Plus, it almost never gets sold on in the second hand market..that’s how good these basses are. 

I am selling as it’s surplus to needs (I have an Iona Elite) and also need to dispose of part ofthe collection for Christmasy goodies. This bass has never been gigged and has stayed in a smoke-free, dog-less and drug free home. I would by far prefer to arrange personal delivery/exchange in London  (bass is in Tooting) given the quality of the instrument. I do regret that I can’t offer a home trial so a preamp and some good headphones may be useful on meetup.

Contact me though if couriers are absolutely required and I’ll let you arrange it so you can control transport and insurance. It doesn’t cone with a case but will be in a gig nag well-packed and padded. 

Eve Iona 4 —-Specifications: 

-light-weight American ash body with wenge centre block, natural oil finish

-Sapele 3 piece, quarter swan neck with oil finish, Sipo headstock with ash veneer

-Wenge fretboard 16” radius, 34” scale

-1 x Eve J and 1 x Eve dual coil pickups

(Ken Armstrong-made)

-2 band eq : volume Jazz (push-pull, active-passive), volume Soapbar (push-pull, series/parallel), treble boost/cut. bass boost/cut.

-Black hardware + Schaller strap locks

-Spector Pro bridge

-Warwick tuners

-ABM adjustable brass Nut

-nut width 55mm

- Weight: 3.6 kg (very light yet balanced) 

Thanks for looking and Happy Holidays!

0C9722E1-EF97-449E-9F48-3F2FEC71B33D.jpeg

CEEBC553-CF0F-4FFC-A49C-03C6B04E6738.jpeg

0155026B-3862-40C8-BD65-ACFDEFD3DE8A.jpeg

D39BA98C-FB32-4A6C-B661-F5E44F072471.jpeg

5DC267CA-3B11-4391-95F9-840A70B9C562.jpeg

1519CB86-2C15-4717-8A66-613BF1C8662D.jpeg

C1D8E6E3-9425-4339-8894-735BF88CAB9D.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...