Why become a member? ×

Realist Copperhead help...

knicknack

Bit of a long shot...but does anybody around here have a realist copperhead spare that they know is in full working order? I have a feeling mine is unwell, but I have nothing to compare it with. Would happily pay postage if anyone is generous enough to let me borrow one for a couple of days to compare! I'm in Exeter if anyone is local!

Check if the bridge feet are flat on the table/belly of your bass. Sometimes, the bridge can become slightly tilted towards the fingerboard, which lifts the bridge feet up slightly and reduces the pressure on the pickup. Although, this usually has the effect of introducing distortion rather than picking up other instruments.

Do you have any dampening on your F-holes or bass body? It could be that your bass is resonating to the sound coming from the monitors and transmitting that through the pickup.  Fitting f-hole covers and/or stuffing a tennis ball/towel between the tailpiece and belly can help kill off the resonance.  

• 3 weeks later...