Why become a member? ×

Mods: My feedback is missing... has it gone for good?

tredders

I know that this has been asked before, but the reply was along the lines of "we're just switching over to the new forum software, give it a while".  I still can't find my feedback - has it gone for good or is it hidden away somewhere?

Can any of our lovely mods point me in the right direction?  I've just traded a bass and I'm expecting some feedback to be left soon, so I want to make sure it goes in the right place :)

Thanks in advance.

Ignore this - I found it.

For anyone in the same situation, it appears that the search function doesn't find your feedback, so you have to manually search through the Feedback thread for your user name.  It's all present and correct though.

Question (and possible task) for the Mods..will somebody be merging the extra feedback threads which have been created while we were unable to find others' feedback. I'm asking as I recently started a feedback thread for somebody I believe must have a thread already.

We can merge if people give us their links :)

At the moment the search function only finds the last year's worth of posts/topics.

We're still arguing with some guys about provisioning the new server, sorry about the inconvenience but we're between a rock and a hard place until that's sorted (hopefully this week)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, charic said:

We can merge if people give us their links :)

At the moment the search function only finds the last year's worth of posts/topics.

We're still arguing with some guys about provisioning the new server, sorry about the inconvenience but we're between a rock and a hard place until that's sorted (hopefully this week)

Yeah, hurry up and fix this free forum that you support in your own personal time for no reward, eh? :biggrin:

I could tell you, but I'd need to come round and ensure your silence for good. :ph34r:

No, it's imply that they have systems that are exclusively dedicated to rooting out stuff, worldwide, all the time. The BC Amiga servers have other, more important tasks, such as handling Composition Challenges and the like. It's a question of priorities. Google are Pretty Big, compared to BC.

1 hour ago, lurksalot said:

I realise that google is mahoosive , but how can it search a server more effectively than the site that is hosted on it ?

We're fixing it now so we can index everything on BC, ever, and it'll be lightning fast.

The server we're currently using isn't up to expectations an dit turns out it's much more restrictive than we were told. Useless bunch of torpedoes.

1 hour ago, lurksalot said:

I realise that google is mahoosive , but how can it search a server more effectively than the site that is hosted on it ?

Because Google will have taken a copy of every single bit of text on this site and run it through some rather fancy algorithms (that basically make Google... Google) and they have 62000 employees and over $500billion  xD

And we're waiting on a fairly major server upgrade which should fully restore our search

What most people didn't know was that before this upgrade the search was actually more broken than now!