Why become a member? ×

Basses For Sale Problems

thebrig

Question

Not sure if this has been raised by anyone else, but when I click on a "Bass for sale" item on the first page, where it says the latest post was for example 30 minutes ago, the page actually shows that the latest post was something like a week ago and yet the item is on the first page, is it just me who's having this problem, or are others experiencing this as well?

I can take screenshots to show what's happening if necessary.

12 answers to this question

I'm having issues with this too..it's the "bump this thread" facility.

It looks like the last poster posted recently even though their comment may be weeks old, the seller can bump the thread at infinitum. Previously some sellers were copy/pasting their last post before deleting that post, now they don't even need to do this.

I don't think this is an improvement.

It's an improvement as you can only bump every 36 hours, but in the meantime you still can bump the old way evey second if you want to by simply replying to your own thread.

Some choices must done, real 36 hours bump blocking the possibility to bump at the fly or going back to the old days.

Edited by Hellzero

We could do a vote to see if we want to keep it. Tbh we added it on out of curiosity but it's not perhaps as good as we thought it would be I think it's a bit buggy, although we've got it working how we want to the less complications we have software wise the better. 

1 hour ago, ped said:

It’s the same but you just don’t see the ‘bump’ comments. Bit cleaner if you ask me. 

Ok, I thought maybe it was my browser or something.

I actually prefer it this way, like you say, it's cleaner and it cuts down on the amount of pages due to numerous bumping.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, fleabag said:

I dub thee ' Sir Charic '   for services to BC,  and your constant meddling with the mysteries of forum software

xD

You wait til you see the new server... I ran a test earlier pages honestly loaded before my mouse had a chance to fully lift