Why become a member? ×

New P day: custom shop faded surf green

Kevsy71

Delighted with this Fender Custom Shop '62 relic: faded surf green, lovely reliced nitro, clay dots, anodized gold pickguard - and the best neck I've ever played! Growls and thumps beautifully. Here are the dealer pics; I'll get some more of my own up later.

download.jpeg

r89105_-_close_front.jpg

• Like 1

Ooh very nice, I was admiring that for a while on the retailers website. I may get a gang of angry traditionalist after me with pitchforks for saying this, but I thought a tort guard would look amazing on that.....(runs for cover ?)

lovely bass though, I am starting my savings tin in the new year for a CS Relic.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, 4000 said:

Lovely bass(es). Is the middle one a Limelight? If so, how does it compare with the CS? 

Cheers! It is indeed a Limelight, you can see more here:

Compared to the CS:

- both relic jobs are excellent. The Limelight has been aged more, with lovely detailing around the metalwork and fingerboard. The CS has a gorgeous cracked-nitro effect.

- I prefer the lighter body and the amazing neck/fingerboard on the CS. This is where this CS excels..the Limelight is not very heavy though and there are no problems with the neck/fingerboard, I just prefer the CS

- both the Limelight and CS pickups are absolutely superb!

• 1 month later...
On 15/12/2017 at 19:26, 4000 said:

What's the difference in the neck spec/shape?

Apologies, I completely missed your question! 

CS: 43mm, 9.5" radius, oval C

Limelight: 41mm, 9.5" radius, and what I think is a 'U' shape - certainly fuller in the hand, but still very playable given the smaller nut and lovely rolled edges.