Why become a member? ×

Preamp pedal or EQ pedal? Or both?

CRV

Hi!

I have one preamp pedal (from a portuguese brand) and I don't know if I need an EQ pedal. Does the function of the preamp is very different from the function of an equalizer?

And, if you use them both, what is the function of each pedal on your pedalboard?

I'm sorry but I still don't understand if I need an equalizer (I play bass at my home for practicing, with a band, at jam sessions, and I'm trying to enter in a new band that is still a project... But when I use more effects is when I am at home)

Ok

loads of knowledgeable people on here, way better than me, but the question is what do you feel you are missing in your sound.

Do you need to push your sound more?

do you need more clarity?

are you getting lost in the mix?

if you are not missing anything, your bass blends well with the guitars then carry on, you don’t need anything.

I guess I'm ok without an equalizer. At the jams, I just use my bass and a combo and it sounds fine. At home, I like to mess with the effects, but for the purpose that I use the effects (just practicing and composing) I think you're right, I don't need an equalizer.

Maybe I was just getting carried away to buy a new pedal that I don't need right now.

Thanks for the advice!