Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Ltd Edition tweed combo

funkydoug

• 1 year later...

I've got two of them now! They're very good in my opinion (and look great too!). 

There's a thread on here where I explain a simple modification I've made to mine that I reckon opened up the bottom end quite a bit. Just search for my content in amps n cabs forum and you'll see it, it's a doddle to do and costs 34p.

Reasons I like them other than the tweed:

Small and easy to carry (although not lightweight). The size makes it easy to get it in the car, through doors, up stairs etc. 

Comp, drive and EQ are very good. 

Old school power section beats like for like paperweight amps (IMHO ) and makes them repairable rather than disposable. 

Front facing controls make it stackable

Exposed speaker lead and fx send and return make it very flexible indeed. I can run my two as a head with 2 x 12s at 4ohms, thus always having a spare head or could run them with bigger cabs, or as a stereo rig. 

The internal driver is really good, as I discovered on my other thread. 

For something so special they're remarkably cheap!

Downsides: the cab is so small it's never going to sound enormous (despite the driver being good). But that's inevitable and if you want to get a massive sound use an extension cab (remember the speaker lead is exposed, so you can unplug the internal speaker and use 2 extensions if u really want to!). 

Its heavier than it looks. 23kg I think, but that used to be thought of as light!! 

There is some uncertainty about the rated power. Its called a MAG250, the back of the amp says 300w RMS but ashdown advised me on email it's 250. I don't truly know what the RMS rating is, but it's not a big deal at all.

Hope this helps... as you can probably tell I'm happy to talk about these beauties! 

Doug. 

• Thanks 1