Why become a member? ×

Serek short scale basses

ikay

4 hours ago, Sibob said:

My Serek Midwestern is here and just really bloody brilliant. I already have a Fender Mustang, so I’m not exactly new to the shortscale thing, but this Midwestern is a whole new ball game. 

It arrived at 11am and I was able to take it to a gig that same day, and it nailed it, so much fun to play. It also sounds fantastic, I specifically wanted the B90 pickup, I figure that it’s part of the Serek sound and brand, the various other pickup options are great, but this B90 is the one! Mine has the dummy coil, which is great for recording, but actually live, the standard wiring is perfectly fine.

81655524-3FA4-4403-872D-DEFA0FF92921.thumb.jpeg.e94a1fe0f40c173fa7fc8f1fe53becee.jpeg

Build quality is excellent, as you’d expect, and even though the build is largely Walnut, it’s still very comfortably lightweight.

All in all, i’m Very happy and couldn’t recommend Jake (Serek) enough as a luthier! 

DE2A2582-8C4D-45E8-9801-CA81B9A80FC6.thumb.jpeg.719232d15f24da0ea492ee9871d62976.jpeg

Cheers

Si

Health to enjoy Si! Looks lovely!

This is my Serek it's a Midwestern 2 (MW2) which I receiveed yesterday, ordered direct from Jake Serek . Pickups are the Serek Singles which sound awesome - I can highly recommend working with Jake on a build. I sat at home last night and played through the sets of both of my bands with a stupid grin on my face.

Build quality is in the same league as German Warwick, Elrick Gold, Spector US.

IMG_20190604_204933.jpg

IMG_20190604_204955.jpg

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, No lust in Jazz said:

Thanks, that's all down to Jake, I did a lot of soul searching regards the pickups - I suspect that I'd have been equally happy with the B90

If I went for another, it would be a 5 string MW2 or Sacramento with two Serek Singles I think.

Si

• 8 months later...
17 minutes ago, ezbass said:

I’ve just watched this performance by David Byrne on SNL, I’m pretty sure that’s a Serek, sounds great. Why can’t the BBC mix sound like this on ‘Later’?

Tis indeed a Serek, a beautiful Midwestern II 5 string in Shell Pink :)

Si

10 minutes ago, No lust in Jazz said:

Did you ever progress your interest in a MW 5?

Not yet, no funds really (just moved), but it’s on the radar for sure, love the idea of a 30” 5 string, especially from Jake.

Si

2 hours ago, ezbass said:

I’ve just watched this performance by David Byrne on SNL, I’m pretty sure that’s a Serek, sounds great. Why can’t the BBC mix sound like this on ‘Later’?

I love David Byrne, quirky but  musical.

• Like 2

List price of a Serek Mid-Western is currently US$2100 at the factory gate.

Get it to the UK and that has probably turned into US$2800.

Or, of course, you could buy this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/serek-Midwestern2-Black-MW2-057-Electric-bass-Serek/153599959774?hash=item23c34562de:g:QFgAAOSwLztdUEwv

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!

1 hour ago, Happy Jack said:

List price of a Serek Mid-Western is currently US$2100 at the factory gate.

Get it to the UK and that has probably turned into US$2800.

Oh Yeah, you can really go nuts with the options on the quote form too - I know this and now have three Serek's 🤪

But, Jake Serek is a pleasure to deal with and his basses are wonderful.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I thought Rics were the coolest looking basses until I browsed the Serek website. The Midwestern, the Midwestern 2, and the Sacramento are beautiful looking things.

If I win the lotto, I'm splashing out on a Serek and a Ric, both to be ordered on the same day, sight unseen...

"Have them washed and sent to my chamber!"

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Sarlscharisma said:

Tempting.  Almost covers the import tax.  So cost for one I’m looking at just shy of £2000

You won’t get it cheaper unless a used one comes up over here (raarreee)

Si