Why become a member? ×

*** SOLD *** USA / AMERICAN FENDER JAZZ BASS DELUXE - 2013 - OHSC
£995

Apothem

Hi folks

I have bought this spectacular specimen from PlayBass only a couple of months ago, but I have decided to have a general clear-out / culling of the herd, reflecting the limited time I currently have for playing. Since then I have played it only really a handful of time in the bedroom, in my smoke / child / pet - free house (but not booze - free... oh, well... LOL).

The bass is superb and really versatile, and - apart from a 0.5-0.7cm superficial blemish (a scratch not through the finish) hidden behind the upper horn - it's soooo clean and pristine, really immaculate, with still the plastic on the pickguard, on the battery cover and the instructions for the controls. Includes the newer style, sturdy Fender original hardshell case (although I have misplaced bits of the case candy, apart from what you see in the pics, sorry). Weight is 9lbs 50z / 4.25 kg. Really beautiful lacquered slim neck, with pearloid effect black blocks and black binding. Shiny, piano black alder body.

Here are Fender's tech specs:

[*]Body: Alder
[*]Neck: Maple, Modern 'C' Shape, Tinted Gloss Urethane finish
[*]Fingerboard: Maple, 9.5" Radius (241 mm)
[*]No. of Frets: 21 Medium Jumbo
[*]Pickups: 2 N3 Noiseless™ Jazz Bass® Pickups
[*]Controls:
[*]-Master Volume, Pan Pot, 3-Band Active EQ with:
[*]-Treble Boost/Cut: /- 10 db @ 8kHz, a shift in the cut frequency, and about a 2dB slope per octave.
[*]-Mid Boost/Cut: 10dB, -15dB @ 500Hz, and a wide band slope.
[*]-Bass Boost/Cut: /- 12 db @ 40 Hz, with a 4dB slope per octave.
[*]-Active/Passive Mini-Toggle Switch
[*]Pickup Switching: Pickup Pan Control
[*]Bridge: HMV, High Mass Vintage, (Strings-Thru-Body or Topload)
[*]Machine Heads: Fender® Light-Weight Vintage Style Tuners with Tapered Shafts
[*]Hardware: Chrome
[*]Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
[*]Scale Length: 34" (863.6 mm)
[*]Width at Nut: 1.50" (38.1 mm)
[*]Unique Features:
[*]-New N3 Noiseless Pickups,
[*]-Improved Electronics Resulting in Increased Headroom and Tighter Low-End Response,
[*]-18-Volt Power Supply,
[*]-Active/Passive Mini-Toggle Switch,
[*]-Passive Tone Control for Passive Mode
[*]-Stealth "A" String Retainer,
[*]-HMV Bridge,
[*]-Tinted Neck.
[*]-Posiflex™ Graphite Neck Support Rods,
[*]-5-Bolt Neck Plate,
[*]-Contoured Heel for Easier Access to Upper Frets.
[*]-Rolled Fingerboard Edges,
[*]-Highly Detailed Nut and Fret Work,
[*]-Genuine Bone Nut.
[*]-Wide-Slot Flat Head Screws on Battery Compartment (for Easy Changes with a Coin or Pick).
[*]-Black Pearloid (Maple Fingerboard) or White Pearloid (Rosewood Fingerboard) Block Position Inlays,
[*]-Neck Binding,
[*]-'70s Style Logo

Price is £995 plus £30 shipping for a mainland UK tracked and insured shipment (excl. some remote postcodes and some islands). This is almost HALF a new Elite. Payment through a bank transfer like I usually do here on BC, please. No trades, sorry.

BassChatters with an established history and reputation / feedback on the forum but living outside the UK (although in EU) may contact me, otherwise this is strictly a UK sale. The bass will also be very soon on eBay in order to appeal to the largest possible audience.

You can find my feedback at the bottom of the page.

Thanks for looking.

Claz

Edited by Apothem