Why become a member? ×

Bass Guitar Magazine Vote and Win(e)!

yorks5stringer

Back in September's Bass Guitar Magazine there was 'Nominate the coolest Bass part and greatest bass player' voting form along with the promise to  3 winners of a Jackson Dave Ellefson signature Bass.

Having voted myself, last month's BGM was full of pages of copy based on the  Votes (and spurious Birthday Wishes) but no  details of the lucky Competition Winners. Come today and my  January Edition arrives and still no information about the lucky winners.....yet there is another Competition to nominate your best bass, amp or effect released in the UK with a Dapper FX unit as the prize.

My question to BGM is how long does it take to draw 3 winners and include their names in your Magazine or do I smell a Rat (FX Pedal)?O.o

Edited by yorks5stringer

This is the reply I received:

Please let him know that we don't always publish winners' names, but if he thinks the whole thing was made up for a laugh, he is welcome to find Mark Francis Tully on Facebook, who has been sharing pictures of the bass he won in this competition when we sent it out a while back.

I am also assured that the birthday congratulations are genuine - think about it, these guys were being interviewed and simply added their happy birthday message to their interview. No need to make anything up.

Edited by Silvia Bluejay

OK, so Mark Francis Tully was one winner, what about the other 2 , as there were 3 prizes advertised ?  Are they on Facebook too?  If so, maybe I stop my Magazine Sub and just go on Facebook in the future? BTW, I'm not laughing, I think its very serious to advertise a Competition with 3 Prizes and only admit to one Winner so far.....

As for 'spurious' Birthday Wishes, reading the definition of spurious it implies ''untrue' and for that I  unreservedly apologise- I meant 'un-necessary'. I'd rather read about  how a Bass or Amp looks and sounds in a Review  than  filling up loads of pages with what some Bassist or  regular advertiser I've never heard of thinks about  BGM getting to 150 editions....

Not having a go at you  Sylvia, and thanks for stepping in: perhaps Joel will respond to this thread directly now as he is/was a member on here?

Edited by yorks5stringer

Some years ago, a PS2 magazine had a competitions to win a date with a "page 3 stunner". You had to send in the reason why you should go and a picture. That was it.

Some years later the magazine was having a retrospective and said no one won the prize because no one entered the competition. Politically correct PS2 dudes or just too plain ugly, take your pick.