Why become a member? ×

MJW Amps Back in Business

Sean

http://www.mjwamps.com/

Now back in business after a short break and relocation from High Peak to North East Scotland.

MJW is a builder of custom valve amps for guitar and bass. Repairs and modifications are also undertaken. 

I have an MJW Taranis and it’s a beautiful beast of a thing. Like an Orange AD200 or Matamp GT200 but with 2-channels and lots of EQ options. http://www.mjwamps.com/taranis/

MJW has also serviced my 400+ and Walkabout and has provided top-notch customer service. Highly recommended. 

You lucky Scots have a great amp tech just moved in. 

• Thanks 1

On 07/12/2017 at 21:31, Skybone said:

Thought so. That Taranis looks like a monster, and not too far from us as well.

The Taranis is amazing however if I was having another I’d go for 6 (300w) or 8 (400w) KT88s. 

2 minutes ago, scalpy said:

Full valve head in a MB TTE size box and I’d be seriously tempted!

Sounds like what you really need is a high protein diet and a weight-lifting regime. Some things don’t come easy ;-) 

Hi Folks, I've been a lurker here for a while, but I thought I'd stick my hooter in now as Sean has kindly given me a mention. I had the great pleasure to build the Taranis for him, which was a fascinating project, and I'm looking forward to a few more bass amps hopefully.

First of those will be the amp for @Bridgehouse A few people have asked me about B15-ish things over the years, but no-one has ever pulled the trigger, which is sad as I'm keen to have a moderate wattage bass amp in the arsenal. The B15 seems to be the one that gets the plaudits.

As Sean said, I've relocated to NE Scotland, so getting a custom build from me is not going to be for everyone (no demo stock, no showroom, etc), but my aim is to have a small business and build low numbers of very nice amps for just a few lucky people! If, like Sean and most of my other customers over the last 10 years, you can come to me and say "I want x,y,z  can you build one for me?" then there's a good chance the answer will be yes. Except if you want small and light, like class D light!

But anyway, I'm up and running if anyone has any needs, loads of info and contact details on the website, or send me a PM.

Cheers! :) 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...