Why become a member? ×

No bass playing for me for a bit…

Quatschmacher

48 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Ouch!! Hope your hand heals quickly, Peter. 

Thanks, Bas. I’m still here and imagine that by the end of it they’ll just stick a plaster on it and send me on my way.

I’m so tired now and still have the broken glass to clean up when I finally get home. 

• Sad 1

Hope you get better soon.  This should be a warning to all of us.  I had to attend occuational therapy to recover movement in my hand after a motorbike accident, but most of the people there were dealing with sliced tendons caused by glasses breaking during washing up.  Using a dishwasher is much safer.

Thanks for all the good thoughts, people; I appreciate it.

@roman_sub, yes, I figured it might be a useful opportunity to work on right hand stuff.

It’s not the worst mishap I’ve heard of. A pro jazz pianist I know snapped the tendon in his right hand middle finger by putting on his socks! Was out of action for six weeks. He wrote a piece for left hand every day so all was not lost. Actually, some of the stuff he wrote and played during this time was incredible and he came away with enhanced technique and a body of new music. Silver lining indeed. 

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Like 1