Why become a member? Read more... ×
Check out Guitarchat.co.uk Read more... ×
charlie_groove

*Sold* Warwick Streamer CV4 German Pro Series
£1200

Hi guys,

I’m selling this wonderful Warwick CV (Classic Vintage) German Pro Series. It’s Warwicks take on a Fender Jazz Bass. It’s built as a rock and gets far from the typical Warwick to get to a more standard sound. It’s a passive bass but it has two tone pots: treble and bass. The bass tone has a little capacitor that gives the bass sound more strength and roundness while keeping the passive character. Thumbs up to Warwick!!! 

Specs on this model:
* 4 strings
* Ash body
* Maple neck
* 34” scale
* Rosewood fingerboard
* 21 Jumbo frets
* Just-A-NUT III
* 2 MEC passive J-Style pickups
* MEC passive electronics (treble and bass)
* Two piece Warwick bridge
* Warwick Securitylocks
* Chrome Hardware 
* Colour: Vintage Sunburst (Brillante)

Here you can watch a promotional video by Warwick about this model:

It has a little scratch at the front headstock (see pic). The instrument is located in Barcelona. Price doesn’t include shipping. I only would accept trades + cash for:

Sandberg California VM4 bass
EBS 2x10 Neo cabinet

Please, don’t offer me any other trades since I won’t accept anything but cash and the equipment I mentioned above. Payment through PayPal.

Thanks and see you around!

24613973398_1e0189875c_k.jpg

24613973558_012dc2d775_k.jpg

37598867055_1f1c47fe72_k.jpg

Edited by charlie_groove
Sold

Man, that is a babe.........  Corny, I know......... sorry...........

I just bought a 1991 Stage 1.......  these two should get together............

If I win the Postcode Lottery, I'm buying ee'.......!

GLWTS Charles........

3 hours ago, Chewie said:

Man, that is a babe.........  Corny, I know......... sorry...........

I just bought a 1991 Stage 1.......  these two should get together............

If I win the Postcode Lottery, I'm buying ee'.......!

GLWTS Charles........

Good luck then my friend! Hope you can make it ;)

"It has a little scratch at the front headstock (see pic). The instrument is located in Barcelona. Price doesn’t include shipping. I only would accept trades + cash for:"

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By LukeFRC
      For Sale or Trade 1985 Thumb Bass. 
      This was/is my "Holy Grail" bass, and after years of wanting a Thumb managed to pick up a very early special one about five years ago. 
      It's great... but after us having a wee baby I'm rationalising that it's not getting chosen for any gigs, I tried playing it exclusively for a few months and I just don't gell with it the way I do with two of my other basses. Anyway, that's enough about me - you'll came here for the bass didn't you?   
      It's a pretty much all original 1985 JD Thumb bass, one of the first 150 ever made. This is the second revision with the classic body shape, with the early shorter horn. Back in the days when Warwick was all about small scale handbuilt production. Why only pretty much all original? Well the german session musician I bought it from I think I had had it refret - with period correct steel frets. It's got that thin, skinny neck common of this era.
      "Aha" shouts that guy on the internet "You've said it's a JD thumb, but it doesn't say it is on the truss rod cover"  - well no, but back then they were all "JD thumbs" and the truss rod cover is quite special - it's made of Solid Mother of Pearl! According to an email conversation with HP Wilfer of Warwick this was quite an expensive feature and used in the early days to designate any "custom shop" models built to a particular spec. In this case the active SD active pickups and the brass saddles on a black bridge are slightly different to what you would expect. I asked and he couldn't remember who it would have been built for. You won't find many Warwicks with one of these truss rod covers. Jack Bruce had one on his 1985 fretless. 
      Plays great, and has a nice low action all down the 26 frets, it sounds great with the classic thumb bass sound (piano like?) but comparing it to some later thumbs which had more of a middy compressed tone this is slightly more open sounding with a big fat bottom end.
      Apart from a small chip to the corner of the truss rod cover it's in great condition for a 33 year old bass, actually it would probably be  in a pretty good condition for a 3 year old  bass.  
      Comes in a Bass Centre branded '90's Warwick gig bag in usable condition but with the cable pocket zip broken. If it needs to be posted could source hard case for it.
      Based in Leeds area, can post within UK or EU at cost.

So that's it for sale... but I've also mentioned trades.
      I would listen to trade offers or part exchanges for this. Either a nice bass and money my way, or a straight swap for something interesting. Unless it's something I really want or could make use off please don't be offended if I say no. 
      Basswise I seem to be gravitating towards more traditional bolt on P, J and Stingray type basses, probably 4 string, maybe 5, defiantly with frets, and I like my frets perpendicular to the neck. I don't mind beat up well played basses, in some ways prefer them. 
      My GAS list is quite short a Fender Roscoe Beck, G&L L2000e, PreEB ray or something like the Sadowsky Metro Will Lee that just sold on here would be interesting. Get in touch if you've got something in mind. 

• By aberbassman
      For sale is my Warwick Streamer Stage I GPS  Natural. This through neck Bass is from the pro GPS  made in Germany series. It plays like dream with a great variation of tones. The bass is in great condition and comes with the deluxe Warwick gig bag. Back to the market due to buyer changing his mind.

• By Lux1990
      UPDATE!
      Unfortunately this baby has to go after all, due to financial reasons.
      In the meantime I've swapped original soapbar pickups for Nordstrand Single coil HC (in soapbar cover) because I thought that I'll be able to keep the bass, and I prefer more SC sound. They are custom made with staggered pole pieces for 12' radius, and they costed me around 300 euros shipped directly from Carey. Bass also sounds killer with them of course, but little bit more to my taste  
      Installation is solderless, 15 minutes work.
      I'm willing to leave them installed for mentioned price, of course original Soapbars included, so you can decide what you like more.

Sadowsky Standard 4 String #7317
      Specs:
      Body: Mahogany / Master grade flame maple top
      Neck: Roasted flame maple / Madagascar rosewood
      Pickups: Sadowsky soapbar
      Hardware: Black
      Weight: 3.62 kg!

It is in MINT CONDITION! Lightweight and resonates like crazy. Sounds huge and sweet, fingerstyle or slap!
      Bass like this costs 6300$ at Roger's shop + almost a year wait + VAT, shipping etc. + you can't get something like this from NYC anymore. For example on thomann.de, similar specs Sadowsky's are around 7000 euros.
      Bass comes in original Sadowsky case, also like new. Strung with fresh Blue Label SS 45-105 strings. All case candy included of course, and fret protector.
      I will put inside the case Sadowsky Comfort strap (size S) like a little gift.

Money via Transferwise or Bank transfer. PayPal is bad lately to my experience.

Price is 3700 euro.

Kind regards.

Luka

• By D-L-B
      *price drop
      £1200
      Regrettably letting this go as it hasn't been touched in ages.
      Excellent condition, only marks to speak of are some slight wear on the corner of the neck pick up from heavy handed playing, a small bump blemish on the headstock and side of body near the controls. I've chosen pictures that show these as clearly as possible, the bass looks great in the flesh.

A plethora of tones at your fingertips with the myriad knobs available to twiddle.
      Comes with hardcase, authenticity certificate and wallet with truss rod tool etc...
      I'll get some more pictures taken outside once the sun returns.
      Link: http://www.warwick.jp/products/made_in_germany/limited_edition/2008/
      Any questions, just ask.