Why become a member? ×

Bergantino BAmp or Forte

afterimage

1 hour ago, afterimage said:

Hi Dan ,its been in customs four days now its saying revised custom charges  after being released no letter yet i dont expect it to be sent this side of Christmas  its a lot of hassle to import stuff 

never again

I'd chase it up fella. Hang in there. It's not your fault, it's probably that PF are massively busy due to Christmas and something has gone awry. Basically, they won't release the item unless the fees have been paid. (I've had to do this a few times) Even if the website updates say otherwise. If you call in, you may be able to pay over the 'phone and get a fast delivery before Christmas. 

I do agree though. The system is far from streamlined and horribly convoluted. No one wants to make it work! 

Good luck, I feel your pain and hope it gets sorted quickly.

28 minutes ago, afterimage said:

finally arrived Wow its amazing  very easy to dial in a range of sounds and  sounds superb

I love how being so clear, a small change goes a long way, then having the ability to drill down in to the parametric 4 band EQ, it can pretty much do everything to mimic other amplifier tone stacks (for those who are about to post, yes you can adjust the width of each of the EQ bands as well!!!) 

I'm yet to install the latest firmware which includes yet more functionality (if you want it) to see what it can do. Oh and whilst I am here, unlike say, a smart phone you can actually go backwards as well as forwards through the firmware installations! So clever! 

Dan  its a truly outstanding piece of kit  the clarity using a  JP bass  hot rod fender is amazing   

the Amplifier is very intuitive manual is very well written. cant wait to get a Berg cab to pair up with it 

the customs charge came in at £126.00 total  all Afternoon i have been trying various basses one active too

i even got a Bergantino T shirt shipped with it 

one great feature is you can pick a lo or hi input    via menu 

its a great weight too  i am well pleased

jim sent a email informing me  a firmware  update 

44 minutes ago, afterimage said:

yes  i got a excellent exchange rate  well pleased what cabs are you using with yours still blown away how good it is 

I’m using a pair of HD 112’s 

Bearing in mind I used to use a Barefaced Super Twin, these are quite heavy in comparison for their size, but well worth it as they sound amazing, I loaded the appropriate speaker profile from the Berg website and it really does make a big difference to their sound.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, only4 said:

Bearing in mind I used to use a Barefaced Super Twin, these are quite heavy in comparison for their size, but well worth it as they sound amazing, I loaded the appropriate speaker profile from the Berg website and it really does make a big difference to their sound.

• Like 1

On 22/12/2017 at 23:28, only4 said:

2 minutes ago, lowdowner said:

Same outfit as me: B|Amp and 2x HD 112's

Great sound. I bought mine from Bass Direct back in September and didn't realise they were going to get so difficult to source so I'm glad I did!

Ahh! Same as me! @Bergantino Audio 's HD112's are great cabinets. I love mine paired with the B|Amp. I'd love to try the reference series.. well, actually I'd like to work my way through the entire range so I can be sure to know what they all sound like! - Especially the Reference series. I totally agree that the Profiles make the amplifier and cabinet combination even more flexible. You don't have to use them, but I certainly like the difference it makes. I've said this many times already, but hats off to Jim Bergantino for essentially shrinking the size of my 'outboard' considerably as I used to use all sorts of signal processors in a big rack to do what the B|Amp can in one small casing. I do have other cabinets and amplifiers that are exceptional and I will extol their virtues, (Barefaced 'BIG' series for example are amazing, really. I highly recommend a pair of BB2's) ... As a cohesive unit between driver and amplifier, there's nothing in Bass Gear world to match the Bergantino system*. The next step IS high end PA. 

• Like 1