Dear guest,

Welcome to the biggest community for bass players in Europe. You'll find the site a great source of information and advice.

Why not sign up now and:

• Say hello - tell us about your playing, your gear and where you're from.
  • Search the database for inspiration or to find out more about your instrument
  • Upload an avatar and profile picture
  • Buy one of the thousands of items in our marketplace
  • Safely sell your items to a community of proven enthusiasts
  • Upload pictures, audio and videos
  • Buy exclusive items at discount through our shop (coming soon!)

Go on, click the button and become part of it today!

foxyFuze

P over the P/J configuration, and the benefits of Roadworn

Just now, wateroftyne said:

No - it's closer to the nut, and further from the bridge (see above pic)..

Gotcha, thanks for clearing up :)

Si

The USA Jaguar is a great PJ option.

On the Jaguar the P pickup is about 20mm closer to the nut than a standard P.  The pickups on the US Jaguar are switched, rather than blended, and some think this gives a sound that's closer to an actual Precision.   I don't know about that but I do know that the Jaguar gives an excellent Precision sound.

Frank.

On 07/12/2017 at 19:40, machinehead said:

The USA Jaguar is a great PJ option.

On the Jaguar the P pickup is about 20mm closer to the nut than a standard P.  The pickups on the US Jaguar are switched, rather than blended, and some think this gives a sound that's closer to an actual Precision.   I don't know about that but I do know that the Jaguar gives an excellent Precision sound.

Frank.

Just been checking these out, thank you Frank!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By patpatel
      Fender (not Squire) JV  Precision Bass
      This is one of the very rare early non-export models with Fender logo, PB62 re-issue.
      From the first year of JV production, neck date 9th September 1982
      Black with rosewood fingerboard. Vintage reverse tuners and threaded saddle bridge. Pickups have cloth-covered wiring (which I think suggests it's the higher spec model with US pickups)
      Apart from two dents on the side and a few scratches in great condition. Neck looks and feels great and frets have only minor wear. 60s style (A-)neck, flat profile, 42mm at the nut. Truss rod works, low action, plays really well.
      Everything original except - CTS pots, Switchcraft socket, knobs and pickguard but I still have all the original parts (original white pickguard is broken).
      4,4 kg
      Comes in original Fender leather gig bag
      This bass sounds amazing,  strong attack,  rich tone, and longest sustain I've heard in a P-bass. Unfortunately a bit too heavy for me so will have to let it go...
      Based in Austria, insured shipping no problem
      No trades
      More photos on request

• By Mikkel-S
      Up for grabs is this gorgeous 2010 US Fender P Bass. Absolutely a superb player. Setup up with boat wires (La Bella Jamerson Flats) and low action. Very thick and thumpy P tone. 
      Bass has been upgraded with an exceptional good custom wound pickup by danish master luthier Johnny Mørch. The pickup is wound to vintage 60's specs. 
      Bass is in very good condition - near mint. 
      Gator case is included in the sale. 
      Ships from Denmark. 
      900£ plus shipping 
      Trades? Maybe. 

• By Danuman
      Hi all,
      I’ve been working on my MIM P for a while now. It’s been a slow process, but recently I completed building a new body. 
      I just wanted to tinker with the look,  but the improvement in resonance over the original body is really quite dramatic, so i’m absolutely chuffed with the result.
      When I plug it in, however, it remains a bit cluttered in the lower mids. Say between 150~250 Hz.
      I put in a lovely Curtis Novak PB-V, which to my ears sounds beautifully balanced and hollow and precisiony and flat — provided I boost a touch around 1.5k and cut a similar amount around 200. (On an Eden Traveler, so a little goes a long way.)
      Which is a perfectly fine workaround, obviously, but I did have some trouble getting it to sound good on other rigs. So ideally it would just sound like that with the amp set flat, as with other basses.
      I’ve already bypassed the electronics, so might this just be what the pick-up sounds like? Or could it be a mismatch between the pick-up and the guitar? Is there anything that could cause a pick-up to lose definition like this?
      Thanks for reading!
      Cheers,
      Dan

• By MarkusWarwick
      NOW £1100!!!!
      Very rare, heres what Warwick said about em...
      "From these instruments were made ca. 50 pieces. The body is Maple, Etimoe and Ovangkol, neck Ovangkol, fingerboard Wenge.. The outline looks like a Warwick Corvette and the body shaping is more of a bellied shape on the top. … yes, the bass was produced March 2001 and it´s one from the ca. 50 pieces were made from this special production. This series has no special name."
      "These basses do not belong to an official LTD run, but as you mention they are often reffered to as Streamettes. Originally they were NT built Streamer basses and the necks were cutoff and we made an unofficial LTD run out of them. These are, so far, the only contoured Corvettes you will ever find."

Will ship in a basic hardcase to UK Via 24hr courier. Will be packed to guard from tanks. Haha

What more could i say about it? 
      Apart from fingermark above neck pickup its pretty mint. No issues. Feast your eyes.......
    • By Jazzjames
      Hello everyone,

Up for sale is my beloved Mike Lull PJ5 from 2013. £1800. Original certificate and original Lull branded Protec Protego case included. The bass feels and sounds great. Classic P bass tone with a bit more focus due to the J pickup and the 35" scale length. I've posted a few videos of my playing with this bass on my youtube channel.

Condition:

This bass is in great condition. It has a little bit of missing finish and the odd small mark on the body and on the headstock. I have tried to capture these in the photos. The bass is intonated and set up very well. It's worn flats for most of its life, so fret wear is minimal.

Specs:

Please see the attached pdf file of the original detailed Bassdirect listing.

The only difference is the addition of an Aguilar AG 5P-60CL pickup in the P position. Original custom wound pickup is included.

Strung with Ken Smith burners.

3.8kg / 8lb 4 oz

Location/postage:
      I would rather have the bass picked up, but I can look into wrapping the case in cardboard and foam. Postage and insurance at buyer's expense.
      *I will be in Bath over Christmas with my family. I could bring the guitar with me if you’re interested.*

Other:

I'm selling to fund another purchase, so please no trade offers.

Any questions, please ask.

Best,

James