Why become a member? ×

Aria SB700 - Searching for my old one.

Clarky72

Mods - if this isn't allowed here, please say.

I used to own a 1980 Aria SB700, sold it to Cosmo on here (regretted almost immediately), and then he sold it to Cool & Classic Guitars. They sold it on, and there the thread ran dry. 

Did you buy it? Its in the pic below.

If you did, I'd love to get it back if you ever feel like selling it.

Do you know the person that bought it?

Any help tracing would be amazing...

ariaprosb1.jpg

Can’t help you on the treasure hunt but they are wonderful basses. I love my 700 - my first ever bass and I’ll never make the mistake of selling it. Does it have to be your actual SB700? You see them coming up pretty regularly. Would a brother or sister bass scratch that itch?

It would be lovely to get my old one back purely because it was in such pristine condition, and with the original case too. If I couldn't find it again then another would suffice. You're wise not selling yours, I knew it was wrong as soon as Ben walked out the door with it....

I might give Cool & Classic a call and see if they have contact details for the buyer, its worth a shot. :)

I used to have one of those in the dark wood. Got it new in 1981-ish and only sold it last year.

It was almost unplayed too, basically because I couldn't get on with the narrow bridge spacing. I also discovered I couldn't stand natural wood / coffee-table / fine furniture finishes, which also handily inoculates me against high-end bass GAS as just I don't like the way they look ;)

• 1 month later...