Why become a member? ×

GK NEO112 II Cab Problems

CJBassman64

I have 2 x GK NEO112 II cabs and run them using a GK MB500. Whilst the cabs are rated at 300W I have experienced driver failure on two occasions. I have had one cab repaired (under warranty) by GKs UK distributor and the other has just failed and (just my luck) is out of warranty by two months. I have seen on the web that the GK NEO 12" Paragon speaker assembly has had some past problems and a number of users have reported repeated failures such as the cab sound becoming scratchy and click sounding and the speaker performance declining with volume. On reporting the issue to GK's UK agent they advised that I should contact GK direct in the US to see if they would look upon the out of warranty failure and apply some goodwill for the cab to be repaired free of charge. The failure of my second cab is exactly the same failure as was seen before and is in line with what has been reported online.

At the time of writing I am awaiting a reply from GK service team.

Does anyone have any experience with GK in matters such as these. The UK agent (whilst very helpful) wants in excess of £200 to repair the cab. Can't help feeling unhappy about this and am reluctant to spend money on the repair because I don't really have any belief in the product now and even if I do get it fixed and use it I will take my old Ashdown VS212 cab to gigs as a back up.

The MB500 is a great mini head unit but my experience of the NEO 112 II cabs is that they are somewhat fragile in use. This combined rig is the most expensive I have ever purchased and so far has not really delivered as I had hoped.