Why become a member? ×

Ibanez GSR205 New Body Shape Finished FOR GOOD THIS TIME!!

Jimothey

The veneer and finishing looks amazing in these photos, but i think the scratchplate design could still do with a tweak.

For a harmonious flow it would be nice to follow the body shape somewhat equidistant from the edges and flowing up slightly into the upper and lower horns. I hope I've explained my meaning, I know a picture is worth a thousand words etc., but I'm no artist :)

• Like 1

Nice job Jim!

Re: the scratchplate.  I also have a suggestion.  I think the shape is fine but it could do with a contrasting outline, maybe a couple of mm or so, to define it better against the background of black stripes.

As it is though; I'd say it's a looker.

Thanks @MoonBassAlpha and @SpondonBassed for your opinions I think that I'll keep the shape of the pickguard the same, because the stripes aren't uniform so I didn't really want the pickguard to be uniform to the body kinda like the Adam Clayton sig pickguard but I'm thinking of doing a white one to contrast better with the body as I'm not sure about a pin strip for the same reasons as above 🤔

• Like 1