Why become a member? ×

Eden I90 Bass chorus pedal - on sale for £29

XoSo

4 hours ago, GigDudeRich said:

I'm running my Eden i90 Chorus at 12v and an Eden Glowplug at 18v and both seem perfectly happy. Would be interesting to see what voltage the internal voltage regulators are.  Remember you need reverse polarity connectors though. I'm actually using a Caline Scuru truly isolated power supply run off an 18v dewalt battery as well!

I play bass, ibanez fretless (with piezo) and acoustic bass and currently run the following effects

• Palmer Acoustic DI (> pickup compensation > Notch >) fx loop send >
  1. POG2 >
  2. Glowplug(as a soft limiter/warmer) >
  3. I90 Chorus >
  4. volume pedal >
  5. Boss Acoustic DI (for body resonance, ambience (a delay reverb) and notch filter)>
  • Fx Return > Palmer DI EQ and speaker emulator

The Palmer acoustic DI is just the same as the bass one internally (they sent me the schematics when I enquired about signal levels!) with without the fuzz/dist and with switchable mag/piezo compensation and a 3 position speaker emulator.

Thinking of getting a CaliforniWah or MXR Filter too to add some filtering up front.

What settings are you using on the chorus for the fretless? 

On 22/10/2018 at 01:33, GigDudeRich said:

Would be interesting to see what voltage the internal voltage regulators are. 

There are 12V and 9V regulators.

12V in does then seem 'wrong' given that there's always some drop across a regulator .

But if the drop is low enough and your nominal 12V in is a bit higher than 12V then it might squeeze through depending on how 'low drop' the regulator is.

Alternatively if the 12V is clean enough then it will likely just pass through with just a bit of loss. 

12V will be fine for the 9V regulator.