Why become a member? ×

Eden I90 Bass chorus pedal - on sale for £29

XoSo

• 2 weeks later...

A user update: I used mine for an extended Jam last night with my band. It sounds great on it's own or in combination with other pedals and doesn't lessen the presence of the bass in the mix. I'm very happy with it. It has replaced my octave on my board.

I got one and sold my hartke chorus for it before it arrived. While it's a slightly better built pedal it's not giving me exactly what I was after, a nice shimmery chorus. However, I think my idea of what a chorus is has been tainted by using multi fx units in the past where I think theres a big dollop of reverb in there too. The Eden does a great job of doubling the sound and it can shimmer a bit, but I can see why they aren't asking £99 anymore, I'd be disappointed if I'd paid that much. It works very well with other pedals though, I have it almost last on my board so I can feed it on driven signal and flange and it works nicely. I need a reverb anyway so I guess adding that I will get exactly what I want from it eventually. 

On 2/20/2018 at 12:54, ProjeKtWEREWOLF said:

Bargain! 15v though...bit of a ballache that my power strip won't do it. I've never owned a chorus and £30 would have been just nice to try it.  

Checked the website and it's back up to £99.  Pity, I would have tried it at £30, but not at £99.  I'll just keep an eye on the Effects for Sale forum . . .

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, TorturedSaints said:

Checked the website and it's back up to £99.  Pity, I would have tried it at £30, but not at £99.  I'll just keep an eye on the Effects for Sale forum . . .

I saw this. 

I just blew the money I had saved towards a Boss bass chorus on a Zoom B1on. Not in the same league but thwre are some nice toys on there; it's for home practice, not live though. I will have to buy a dedicated chorus at some point. 

I saw an Eden for £55 on eBay yesterday. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, angelagnostic said:

Do people reckon using an Xotic Voltage Doubler (which does 15v) on a daisy chain would work on the i90 Chorus? I like the sound but having one pedal on the board which needs its own power is proving a bit of a ball-ache

If it does 15v it should be fine I would have thought.

9 hours ago, angelagnostic said:

Do people reckon using an Xotic Voltage Doubler (which does 15v) on a daisy chain would work on the i90 Chorus? I like the sound but having one pedal on the board which needs its own power is proving a bit of a ball-ache

Likely not -that Xotic device can only provide a maximum of 80ma, whereas the adapter supplied with the Eden chorus pedal has a capacity of 400ma; whilst there is no exact information (why not? lazy effort Eden!) on the current draw of the pedal it's unlikely they would provide a 400ma-capable power supply unless the pedal actually needed most of this.

It's also important to note that the pedal + power supply are DC centre-positive, not negative as on the vast majority of effects. Again, a poor effort from Eden IMO, there's no good reason why this should be the case. So if you use a different adapter you'll need to make sure you can flip the polarity, and if you do try any voltage doubling advice be sure to use a polarity reversing cable.

The extra power supply thing was annoying enough for me that I built up a cable with a 15V voltage regulator wired up, so I can now run the Eden pedal from the 18V outlet of my Strymon supply.

People should also know the pedal is not true-bypass; it has some kind of FET or transistor bypass.

• Like 1

Email Eden support. It may well be under 80mA, the adapter is just 400mA since most standalone adaptors put out way more than the pedal needs, and let's face it there's probably not a massive choice of 15V adaptors on the market for them to choose from!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

How is everyone finding this so far and what settings are you using? 

I have found it sits really nicely in the band mix and I use it when playing on songs where the original had a keys part (new shoes, Paolo nutini, mama told me not to come) but i'm yet to get a decent sound for my fretless with it.

I'm going to experiment with trying to get that Duff McKagan chorus sound on it with my p bass tonight, I think I'm close with most controls dialled low, bass tone wide open and then a smidge of drive either before or after the chorus. Anyone else getting a good McKagan chorus tone from their Eden already?

• 5 weeks later...

I've just found this thread. Bought this chorus second hand from BC and being the vague, unfocussed fool that I am never paid attention to the voltage. I've had it on my board running off a 9v supply. Could this explain the weird intermittent sound issues I've experienced?

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, uk_lefty said:

It's that 15v power requirement that's stopping me buying the Californiwah. I'm ok with running one Eden pedal needing its own plug but two is too much. If these were 9v it would be ideal

You could always run a splitter/daisy chain off the one 15V supply.

However I don't recommend the Californiwah and it has nothing to do with the power requirements. I just could not get it to sound good at all!

Was quite interested in the Californiwah for £37.50, but adding £12.50 postage, so with a total of £49.99, doesn't quite tip me over the edge for a 15v pedal.
Add another £30 for the Xotic Doubler thingy, and I might as well just buy another MXR Envelope (the ultimate Bass Filter IMO).
Thought it sounded quite nice on some Youtube vids though.

Nearly :) 
Si

On 17/08/2018 at 08:38, stewblack said:

I've just found this thread. Bought this chorus second hand from BC and being the vague, unfocussed fool that I am never paid attention to the voltage. I've had it on my board running off a 9v supply. Could this explain the weird intermittent sound issues I've experienced?

There is a 12V (and a 9V) voltage regulator inside so yes you do need around 15V for proper operation.

• 1 month later...

I'm running my Eden i90 Chorus at 12v and an Eden Glowplug at 18v and both seem perfectly happy. Would be interesting to see what voltage the internal voltage regulators are.  Remember you need reverse polarity connectors though. I'm actually using a Caline Scuru truly isolated power supply run off an 18v dewalt battery as well!

I play bass, ibanez fretless (with piezo) and acoustic bass and currently run the following effects

• Palmer Acoustic DI (> pickup compensation > Notch >) fx loop send >
  1. POG2 >
  2. Glowplug(as a soft limiter/warmer) >
  3. I90 Chorus >
  4. volume pedal >
  5. Boss Acoustic DI (for body resonance, ambience (a delay reverb) and notch filter)>
  • Fx Return > Palmer DI EQ and speaker emulator

The Palmer acoustic DI is just the same as the bass one internally (they sent me the schematics when I enquired about signal levels!) with without the fuzz/dist and with switchable mag/piezo compensation and a 3 position speaker emulator.

Thinking of getting a CaliforniWah or MXR Filter too to add some filtering up front.