Why become a member? ×

Eden I90 Bass chorus pedal - on sale for £29

XoSo

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, roman_sub said:

thought a while about this one (thanks for posting it up!) but sadly large size and 15v mean it's no go for me. looks like a killer deal though.

According to the website it comes with an Eden 15v power supply included in the box. Guess the (slight) down side is you'll need multiple power supplies / sockets if you're using more than just this pedal. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/21/2017 at 13:28, MacDaddy said:

Can those who have ordered, post a review at some point? 

Ta! 😀

I got mine within a week of ordering, nicely packaged and arrived in one piece. 

Disclaimer - I'm not really a 'chorus pedal' kinda guy (I used an old Boss delay as a pseudo-chorus) so can't really make any direct comparisons between the Eden Bass Chorus and any other dedicated bass chorus pedal that is currently on the market.

Firstly, it looks really nice. I love the 'brushed aluminium and black' look, really classy. It's a bit bigger than a typical Boss unit (roughly the same size as my 3Leaf GR2 - see image) and the layout is horizontal with jacks mounted on the side. The controls are self explanatory - Speed, Depth, Low Cut (I'll talk about this in a bit) and Mix. When I first plugged it in I set everything at noon and went from there. I used both active and passive basses and found no issue with either. I also ran it in my chain with various other pedals (OD + fuzz, octave, filter) and found no issues to report. It seems to play well with other pedals adn both passive and active instruments. 

I quickly found a really nice, usable sound that works well for both fretless and fretted (as well as a bit of slap) - Speed at 8 o'clock, Depth and Low Cut around 9, and Mix at noon. Added a very nice subtle chorus shimmer to the proceedings, though while experimenting I found that setting Speed above 9 o'clock and Depth above 10 or 11 was not very usable (for me at least) but may be just right for someone else. 

I mentioned the Low Cut knob earlier - the user guide that came with the pedal states: 'Control the amount of bass frequencies chorused by the effect, turning the control to the right reduces the amount of bass frequencies chorused.' However I've definitely found the opposite to be true; turning the Low Cut knob to the right definitely increases the amount of bass frequencies affected and the user guide on the Eden website confirms my theory: '4. Low Cut; Control the amount of low frequencies chorused by the effect, turning the control to the right increases the amount of bass frequency chorused.' I guess there are two versions of the user manual but the Low Cut knob definitely increases the amount of bass frequencies affected! :)

I really like the Eden, am very happy with the range of tones you can get from it - it can go from really subtle chorus to trem-style to lush trippy OTT chorus. It's completely idiot-proof, the controls are self explanatory, and it looks great. The fact it runs at 15v doesn't bother me either, it comes with its own power supply and I had no issues with my Diago PowerStation powering various other pedals and the Eden power supply in the same 4-gang.

Another plus is it works really well with guitar too and the only 'con' I can think of is the fact the jacks are side-mounted. If they had been top-mounted it would have been totally perfect, but that's a minor inconvenience for such a good looking and sounding (and cheap!) bass-specific chorus. I like it a lot - buy one! 

Eden.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 1/14/2018 at 11:57, dannybuoy said:

Anybody try running theirs at something more common like 12V or 18V? Disclaimer, don't try 18V just to find out in case your pedal blows up! I've tried a few 9V pedals at 18V by pure accident and have been lucky so far though!

I've had a look inside. There are several voltage regulators. IIRC both 9V and 12V. So it seems 18V would generate more heat but that might not be a problem. 12V unlikely to be okay for 12V regulator - I don't think it was a very low drop type (that might be okay if the 12V in was actually a tad more).

But the 12V in should just come through unregulated which might be okay if it's already regulated and quiet enough..?

• 2 weeks later...

Mine arrived yestarday after a couple of delays. I couldn't be happier with the results and my ears are telling me that it the £30 that I spent in a long time as it does it's job very well.

It's much smaller than I imaged from the pictures too.

Edited by Pinball

1 hour ago, Pinball said:

Mine arrived yestarday after a couple of delays. I couldn't be happier with the results and my ears are telling me that it the £30 that I spent in a long time as it does it's job very well.

It's much smaller than I imaging from the pictures too.

Yep, it's a fantastic pedal, and for £30 you can't go wrong. 

It's funny that you mentioned the size of it - based on the pics online I honestly thought it woulds be much bigger too! :)

At home I'm finding that I like the "bass cut" and "level" nice and high at 7+ and am then dialing in the depth until I get the effect I want. I'm expecting to have to increase the effects in the band situation as that is what I have found with other effects.