Why become a member? ×

What Do You Bring To The Table?

Bluewine

2 hours ago, Marvin said:

Beware of poor quality tables. Things to look out for are the use of inferior materials and construction. Ones with poorly attached legs are the worst, the table gets all wobbly and unstable and prone to collapse 

I find using  the gi-tarists head to stabilise the defective leg proves quite effective.

Experience. 63 years of it playing paying gigs.

And these days eccentricity.  I dont really play bass much "out" these days, since the singer in my rock and roll band died.

I have recently found a new niche singing and playing guitar.

Most of my songs are either MY songs or stuff hardly anyone knows, but they go down pretty well because I relentlessly take the fosters out of the band, the audience and myself. Its great to be old - sometimes....:D

I'm in 2 bands and a duo.

My Police tribute is all organised by 'Andy Summers'. To this I bring 'Sting'. I'm very good at it and have been doing it 10 years now. I always put 100% into every performance, even if the crowd is small (we did a corporate do at a sports club, all the guests had been there all day, got hammered and went home before we even arrived. We played to the organisers and bar staff, having already been paid and told we could go if we wanted) They got 1 hour of full energy.

In my pub band, I bring everything. I organise all the gigs, meetings and rehearsals. I bring the PA and lights. I sing 6 or 7 songs and provide all the B/Vs. It's an utter ballache, it's like herding cats.

My duo, again, I organise all the gigs and PA, sing and play guitar. My keyboard player does all the technical stuff. Backing tracks and sequencing and plays absolutely fantastic keys/piano.