Why become a member? ×

Who is moderating the DB for sale section?

TPJ

Just noticed that some DB related adds were moved to areas that may hinder their sales. As a frequent db area user, I would look to the db for sale section for items relating to db. I see that a Fishman preamp was moved to other items, when indeed it's a pedal and usually associated with db. Also some db strings, db educational material and a db case were moved.

May I suggest that whomever is moderating that section have a think about relevancy of the items there. It's a little more niche than bass guitar and probably deserves a bit more thought.

Edited by TPJ

We all moderate all sections now. Please report anything you want by clicking on the report button in the top right. 

Usually we don't move marketplace items so it may have simply been listed in those areas by choice. 

1 hour ago, Hamster said:

Hi. Yes I moved some that were not DB's or EUB's - I put the bits and pieces in their respective for sale forums - Am I bad? :hi:

Personally, I'd ask that you leave anything remotely DB related in the DB for sale section. I realise that sounds selfish but things like db strings, dvds, cases, preamps etc... would sell better there. Although I will wander around the forum, I had come to expect anything related to DB to be in that area.

Not having a go, just concerned that sales may be affected. If I was in the market for Spirocores, I'd look in the db section. If not found there, I wouldn't really look elsewhere. I don't think it's just me that feels this way.

Feel free to take a poll or something to ask the members how they feel. I appreciate the site has recently changed but maybe have a look at how well the db section functioned. ;)

34 minutes ago, TPJ said:

Personally, I'd ask that you leave anything remotely DB related in the DB for sale section. I realise that sounds selfish but things like db strings, dvds, cases, preamps etc... would sell better there. Although I will wander around the forum, I had come to expect anything related to DB to be in that area.

Not having a go, just concerned that sales may be affected. If I was in the market for Spirocores, I'd look in the db section. If not found there, I wouldn't really look elsewhere. I don't think it's just me that feels this way.

Feel free to take a poll or something to ask the members how they feel. I appreciate the site has recently changed but maybe have a look at how well the db section functioned. ;)

Absolutely, I think we know best where we want to list iur gear. FS forums are the Life blood of this place - socially and financially - so not a good thing to mess with. 

@Hamster Actually the same point with effects & pedal boards or pedal board power units. I also saw a pedal board had been moved out of the effects FS forum, but I think if anyone using bass pedals is looking for a pedal board to put their effects on, they'd also be looking in the effects forum?