Why become a member? ×

SOLD!! - Shuker P- Bass body for sale
£280

FOR SALE

Shuker P- Bass body. My husband and I are selling the body from our Shuker P-bass. It is Black made from White Ash, in very good condition, still has the protective cover on scratch plate, and fully loaded with Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder Pickups. This body without the neck weighs 6 pounds, or 2.7kg. The reason we are selling is because we plan to ask John Shuker to make another body.

Price £280

Please note:  We are ONLY selling the body, not the complete guitar. Free courier shipping within the UK only. We will not ship overseas. We are based in Berkshire should you wish to view it.

Front 2.JPG

Front Full 2.JPG

Back.JPG

Edited by MysticGuitar

I wonder whether having Jon chamber this body quite significantly (to reduce weight of course) would cost the same, more or less than having a new body made. Depends on if there are any other reasons for having a new body made, but may save you the annoyance of having to sell the body or whole bass.
If you haven't already, might be worth bringing it up with him.

Not that I know what other people want, but I fear you may struggle to sell a 13lbs Precision :|

Si

22 hours ago, Sibob said:

I wonder whether having Jon chamber this body quite significantly (to reduce weight of course) would cost the same, more or less than having a new body made.  Si

I know what you mean, but since money is tight here, it would be out of pocket to have it chambered. Whereas, if it gets sold, that money can go towards a new body.

Edited by MysticGuitar

11 hours ago, ricksterphil said:

I'd be interested in the complete guitar when / if it comes up for sale

Thanks for your interest, ricksterphil. Tom told me he's very reluctant to sell the entire guitar, as it would cost us more money to get Jon Shuker to build a new guitar, than to have him just build a new body.

On 01/01/2018 at 15:28, Niall6002 said:

Do you know if a fender USA precision neck will fit this neck pocket.

Unfortunately, we don't know the dimensions of the neck pocket, so we can't confirm whether the USA precision neck will fit.  However, my husband can take the guitar apart and measure it over the weekend (because he's working overtime all this week), if you can wait until then?

On 10/12/2017 at 10:57, Sean said:

How heavy is the body?

or, how heavy is the whole bass? That’ll tell us what we need to know 

;)

The previous weight listed was wrong. I'm so sorry. Our scale was faulty and we just found out when we weighed the parts separately.  The true weight of the body without the neck attached is 6.0 pounds or 2.7 kg.

Edited by MysticGuitar

On 01/01/2018 at 15:28, Niall6002 said:

Do you know if a fender USA precision neck will fit this neck pocket.

On 02/01/2018 at 19:47, MysticGuitar said:

Unfortunately, we don't know the dimensions of the neck pocket, so we can't confirm whether the USA precision neck will fit.  However, my husband can take the guitar apart and measure it over the weekend (because he's working overtime all this week), if you can wait until then?

Have the photos here of the measurement of the neck pocket for you, Niall6002:

Img_0531.jpg

Img_0536.jpg

IMG_0537.JPG

IMG_0538.JPG

Img_0540.jpg

20 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

anyone else wondering what Jon charges for a new neck?

From £200 it says on his price list. I guess that’s 21 fret simple maple one piece without hardware. And then add upwards depending on what you want.

• Josh locked this topic