Why become a member? ×

Your favourite rock and jazz albums of all time?

Al Krow

My rock collection is largely limited to a dozen or hard rock and metal bands. I may have mentioned them a few times on the fora😉  but Clutch is top of the pile These I can play all the way through...and then back again ; Book of Bad Decisions, Psychic Warfare,  Earth Rocker, Blast Tyrant, Robot Hive/Exodus and From Beale Street to Oblivion. The other albums are also great but the 6 mentioned are on constant rotation and def among the best rock albums I've ever heard

Off the top of my head, other essentials are Rattus Norvegicus (Stranglers), Master of Puppets, Demanufacture/Obsolete (Fear Factory), Angel Dust/King for A Day (Faith No More), Nightime/Pandemonium/Pylon (Killing Joke), Sehnsucht/Mutter/Reise reise/Liebe ist fur alle da/the latest (Rammstein), Godsmack/Awake/1000hp (Godsmack), Leviathan (Mastodon)

Edited by Barking Spiders

I remember catching the last 10 minutes of Kamasi at Glastonbury this summer, arriving at the stage to some of the the most insane far-out sounds I've ever heard. I was a long way back and it was difficult to see where these sounds were emanating from, even with the bigscreens.

It was only later the same day when someone asked me whether I'd caught the bass solo that I realised what I'd witnessed earlier! From recollection he must have been rocking at least the wah, octave-up pitch shift, some sort of flanger, and was playing arco (bow). Otherworldly!

Monster player but does anyone else find his whole 'thing' a bit cringey? You know, the chalkboard bass, the beret, the shoulder pad.. Feel like he's trying a bit too hard to be different

5 hours ago, Cathode_Follower said:

Monster player but does anyone else find his whole 'thing' a bit cringey? You know, the chalkboard bass, the beret, the shoulder pad.. Feel like he's trying a bit too hard to be different

"Rockstar decides not to look like an accountant"

Not sure that's gonna be headline news? 

Edited by Al Krow