Why become a member? ×

1964 Fender Jazz Bass - Sold!
£8995

Burns-bass

8 hours ago, Hellzero said:

This also an interesting point, but that's not it.

Remember, I said that values are important.

In fact, it's so obvious that nobody seems to notice it, but you have to know Fender history quite well. It's always the smallest detail that will get you caught.

And yes AB is only a seller and nothing else, and I love to inquire even if it's not my job.

On that basis I’m going for the capacitor being the giveaway. 

12 hours ago, musicbassman said:

Surely the bridge cover isn't original? - don't think they had an 'F' stamped into them until much later?  (I'm no expert, but did have a '62 Jazz back in the day................)

Don't think that's correct.

There's an excellent book by Hal Leonard - The Fender Bass, An Illustrated History - that, as well as great images of Fender basses through the decades, includes copies of Fender trade ads.

All of the trade/press ads (from stack knob onwards) show the bridge cover/ashtray with the large F design.

The Precision, on the other hand, didn't have the design, possibly due to the (smaller) size? 

On 04/12/2017 at 12:45, Hellzero said:

This also an interesting point, but that's not it.

Remember, I said that values are important.

In fact, it's so obvious that nobody seems to notice it, but you have to know Fender history quite well. It's always the smallest detail that will get you caught.

And yes AB is only a seller and nothing else, and I love to inquire even if it's not my job.

Does the word 'value' have the 'potential' to give away your secret? ;)

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎07‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 20:52, Old Man Riva said:

Don't think that's correct.

There's an excellent book by Hal Leonard - The Fender Bass, An Illustrated History - that, as well as great images of Fender basses through the decades, includes copies of Fender trade ads.

All of the trade/press ads (from stack knob onwards) show the bridge cover/ashtray with the large F design.

The Precision, on the other hand, didn't have the design, possibly due to the (smaller) size? 

You are 100% right Old Man Riva............................as I am the proud owner of an original February 1964 Fender Jazz Bass which does indeed have the "F" stamped on the ash tray, I purchased the bass in 1965 and I can assure you are correct. I would say this Bass does not seem to have seen much action and looks in very good condition for the year.

Edited by bassman_feb_64

17 minutes ago, VicMacKey said:

A really lovely bass, this is the real thing with white case so price is quite reasonable for those days.

I would have submit an partial trade offer if I were in Bristol area.

GLWTS.

Cheers, and excellent user name as well. I used to love The Shield.