Why become a member? ×

Revelation rbg bass, thoughts?

Stu-khag

Hello, just wondering if anyone has tried one of the revelation rbg basses. I've yet to see one in the flesh despite the distributor just being up the road. Slightly offset shape with some big old pickups, Im drawn to it as ive always wanted an epi rivoli or Gibson  eb2. .   revelation-rbg-semi-acoustic-electric-ba

On 12/3/2017 at 13:40, Meddle said:

Scott Whitley has a video of this bass, albeit branded as a Richwood:

He rather likes it, and given that he plays with The Animals I rather trust his judgment. I've never tried one myself so can't really comment further. 

thanks for this. probably the closest I'll get to hearing one! I've just been doing some searching online and there appears to be a hutchins chandler model in sea foam green also. maybe named after chas chandler? the revelation seems to have a gibson style bridge compared to the richwood or hutchins though.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hutchins-Chandler-Semi-Acoustic-Bass-Guitar/263308618294?hash=item3d4e6aaa36:g:xk4AAOSwkepZjFCs

18 hours ago, basskit_case said:

I wanted one of their led Paul recording basses but they have been discontinued.  I don’t know how long models stay in production for?

I'm regretting not buying one secondhand recently. Tis a shame there isnt an epiphone version.