Why become a member? ×

Hard case for Mark Bass

la bam

Not sure what's about in the way of rack cases, but I carry my Aguilar AG700 which is probably similar size in a Peli 1500. Can't fault it as lighter but tougher than a flight case, it fits perfectly and also with it being IP rated, leaving in the car overnight is less of a concern as it's sealed from condensation and such.

To be fair, a 2nd hand one of them is probably cheaper than a flight case too.

I have one of these that a Trace Elliot head fits into (just).  Similar to a Peli but cheaper.  I weigh approx 100kg and can stand on it with no fear. 

https://www.maplin.co.uk/p/large-high-impact-case-with-pre-cut-foam-interior-n14gr?cmpid=ppc%3Apim_products%3Apla%3Agoogle&gclid=CjwKCAiA3o7RBRBfEiwAZMtSCQQh9U3ogbZjXis8qbtTG0GS-tGZey9leLMZg7HclfHVwYzOwam1DBoCGNIQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

But rugged tool boxes are worth looking at - I keep my MesaBoogie Prodigy Four:88 in a Stanley Fatmax tool box - I can stand on that, too.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks, but im after a hard case so i can rack my amp, spare amp, fx, 4 way etc so i can be set up very fast.

Think im there now. Just need to sort some rack ears. I think i need to have these imported. No one sells them. The closest i can get is a kit for the sa450 which is a similar size.

On 02/12/2017 at 20:27, la bam said:

Ideally with a removeable front and back.

Need it to be narrow width to sit on top of my bf sc3. Ie a 19" will be too wide.

1 hour ago, la bam said:

Thanks, but im after a hard case so i can rack my amp, spare amp, fx, 4 way etc so i can be set up very fast.

Think im there now. Just need to sort some rack ears. I think i need to have these imported. No one sells them. The closest i can get is a kit for the sa450 which is a similar size.

What solution are you going for in the end?

If you can't find the rack ears, perhaps a clamp shelf might work?

19-3162_02.jpg