Why become a member? ×

Ibanez Promethean combo P5110 plus extension cab **SOLD**
£500

Beedster

Recently bough from BC but to big for the studio and too small for my gigging needs (I just prefer big boxes on stage, my therapist and I are working through it). Very good condition plus covers. Would prefer to sell both together but happy to split. Original thread below. Pics to follow when I can get to the studio, this is from the web Promethean.thumb.jpg.2ca9a2ad463b4b7af632a289fc365053.jpg

Edited by Beedster
Not Sold

16 hours ago, wateroftyne said:

Get 'em while you can. Ibanez should never have stopped making these.

16 hours ago, itsmedunc said:

Had the same rig a while back. I found mine to be loud enough for any venue. Its very loud. Very loud! Great little setup.

15 hours ago, keeponehandloose said:

Im tempted to buy it back....

Thanks folks, this is a lovely rig, loudness and tone by the spadeful, but I just bought back the only combo that has ever really done it for me live (not at all dissimilar to something I bought from you a few years back WoT) and I've limited space for gear or I'd be keeping this lovely little rig as well

3 minutes ago, jassbass said:

What combo do you use now?

Just bought a Mesa Boogie Venture combo (essentiallyM-Pulse 600 head with 2x12). Definitely a heart versus head decision, but among all the combos and rigs that have been in and out of my place, it's the one I always regretted selling the most. And that list includes a B-15, as well as many combos by AER, Phil Jones, Markbass etc. As I say, definitely a case of heart over head (and I will be cursing it evert time I have to get the bloody thing out of the car), but I'm past caring these days :)  

6 hours ago, wilko_66 said:

what money are you looking for if you split?

Hello mate, I'll have to check their respective retail prices but probably £350/£150 region. 

1 hour ago, jassbass said:

If I didn' have my Mark bass combo. This would be the next best thing

Thanks Jass.

Quick reminder to potential buyers that I'm selling this to pay for the Venture so I'm really not looking for any trades

• Dad3353 locked this topic
  • MB1 unlocked this topic

Thanks Martin

This rig sold a couple of months back, but the buyer needed it quicker than I could guarantee getting it to him. So, having some time off over Christmas I set it up in the house and played the hell out of it, and it is bloody lovely, way way better than I had realised and stupidly loud for a rig this size. Tone-wise it's a very different beast to PJB gear that is the only comparison for size, more in line for me with the AER combos I've owned (although significantly smaller and lighter). However, I can't really justify keeping this, plus Boogie plus Ampeg, so back on the BC market. Note that this is not the rig that's currently available in your local music store, as WoT indicated above, for some reason Ibanez discontinued these two models. I can't speak for the quality of the newer replacements, but I do know that the older stuff has achieved something of a following, and justifiably!

Chris

• 1 month later...
On 2/3/2018 at 10:36, silverfoxnik said:

Looks like a great little rig this Chris... ☺

If it wasn't so soon after Christmas it would probably have sold by now.

Anyway, roll on Spring and GLWTS.

Thanks Nik

i was kinda hanging on to it to be honest, but building work Chez Beedster is taking its toll on my offshore accounts so now need to sell this rather lovely little rig (which I gigged once only and which sound massive, despite its diminutive weight and small footprint). Lots more coming up for sale also over the next few week :)

Cheers

Chris

• Like 1

On 3/22/2018 at 08:30, silverfoxnik said:

BUMP for a cool, portable rig and a great Basschat seller!

How's the 'big boxes' therapy going Chris? 😁

Hey mate, well the SVT and 4x10 almost broke the singer's car on Friday but man, the sound was to die for! Surprised how good it sounded even at pretty low volumes to be honest, still kept that grunty warmth. I've got a Big Block now also (I know.....) so am going to A/B them ASAP (won;t be all that soon as the courier dropped the latter so new tubes and some repairs in order). 

44 minutes ago, Beedster said:

Hey mate, well the SVT and 4x10 almost broke the singer's car on Friday but man, the sound was to die for! Surprised how good it sounded even at pretty low volumes to be honest, still kept that grunty warmth. I've got a Big Block now also (I know.....) so am going to A/B them ASAP (won;t be all that soon as the courier dropped the latter so new tubes and some repairs in order). 

Awesome - the big boxes collection is getting even bigger!

I admire your style and ambition Chris, what else can I say.. 😁