Why become a member? ×

Hoddesdon All Stars, Sunday10th Dec. George 3rd, Hoddesdon

gary mac

Next Sunday 10th December, 4pm-10pm.

Raising money for the homeless charity. https://www.facebook.com/todostogether/?hc_ref=ARQQxHE8bivVCYMDMBNr66DJwGbKqsVKRHZefwLmH4aRPDZzn3dpRiEkFycS7FDHGRw

Four or five different bands put together for the occasion, made up of musicians from a number of local bands.

We did the same thing back in the summer and raised a couple of thousand pounds for Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2017 at 13:12, Rumple said:

Well done, that's a decent chunk of change:hi:

I told my drummer friend about this, he lives in Hoddesdon and was going to pop along but maybe he didn't make it due to the weather.

I wonder if I know him, there were quite a few drummers there on the night.

On 30/12/2017 at 09:00, gary mac said:

I wonder if I know him, there were quite a few drummers there on the night.

His Name is Tim and he's bald, really nice bloke who's just joined a local covers band, ring any bells?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2017 at 16:24, gary mac said:

Next Sunday 10th December, 4pm-10pm.

Raising money for the homeless charity. https://www.facebook.com/todostogether/?hc_ref=ARQQxHE8bivVCYMDMBNr66DJwGbKqsVKRHZefwLmH4aRPDZzn3dpRiEkFycS7FDHGRw

Four or five different bands put together for the occasion, made up of musicians from a number of local bands.

We did the same thing back in the summer and raised a couple of thousand pounds for Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital.

If there are any more of these could you keep my band in mind.

We are a rock covers dad band called BottleRocket and we rehearse at Farm Factory in Welwyn. We are mediocre musicians but reherse well and are pretty tight. We played the George in December and got positive feedback.

On 15/01/2018 at 13:40, sadders said:

If there are any more of these could you keep my band in mind.

We are a rock covers dad band called BottleRocket and we rehearse at Farm Factory in Welwyn. We are mediocre musicians but reherse well and are pretty tight. We played the George in December and got positive feedback.

It's not really a showcase for bands. The format is more a mix of players from a number of local bands, putting together ad hoc bands for the occasion, no rehearsals, just a set list (which more often than not, gets forgotten on the day) announced a few days before hand. 

Happy to let you know when the next one is though. It's a good place to meet the local musicians, introduce yourself and put yourself forward.

I know the next one will probably be July, when we will be raising money once again, for Great Ormond St Hospital.

Edited by gary mac
  • Like 1